Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dare to Post without Pics...

I've been stalling with my posting because I feel the pressure to always have pictures and we never have any good new pictures and our lives are fairly boring. Okay, so the latest news...Aaron took the DAT. He scored a 20, which is pretty good, but he doesn't feel completely satisfied with it and is contemplating taking it again in October. We've now moved on to filling out secondary applications which is just another money-making step for dental schools to "get to know you better." Anyways, Tracie tagged me in her blog, so I guess I will continue on with the game. When you get tagged, you are supposed to post 8 random facts about yourself and then tag someone else. Here are mine:
1. I am very good at wasting time. I find all kinds of ways to waste away the hours at work when I have nothing to do and additionally at home when Aaron is busy with school stuff. It's not a great talent, but at least I'm rarely bored!
2. My favorite season is fall. I used to love summer and spring because they were such a welcome respite from a long dreary winter. However, spring in Utah has seemed to morph into a lot of rain and snow for months until BAM! summer comes along. And summer in Utah is just miserably hot and dry. I love fall because of the sights and smells and holidays and the leaves turning colors and the air getting cooler and you can wear cute jackets and stuff. I love, love, love getting ready for the holidays and I also love going back to school and not being sick of it yet. I have a great fall every year...no matter what.
3. I wish I could see my family more. So many of you live so far away and write about the things that happen in your lives and the lives of your children and I find myself feeling lonely and distant from all of you! I am excited to graduate from school so I can finally start travelling more to visit you all!
4. I hate working for people. I just hate always being watched over...making sure I clock in and out and doing everything I'm supposed to. I hate it when you wake up sick and have to call in instead of just rolling over and getting up when you feel better. Also it's like they never really believe that you're sick...
5. I love going camping! I rarely go camping now because Aaron doesn't like it very much and has allergy problems, but when I can convince him, it will be a blast! I love being out in nature and the mountains and everything.
6. I hate being tickled. Anyone that knows me well knows that being tickled=death. To you. I hate the vulnerable feeling of being tickled..I can't even stand to have someone's hand be close to my armpit. This is your warning.
7. If I had the money and time, I would love to go to culinary school! Since being married, I have discovered how much fun cooking can be. And I would make more cool stuff if we had a dishwasher and money. And didn't get fat from it.
8. I love the internet. Having an online journal has been the best way for me to continue writing in my journal. The internet also contributes heavily to my #1. And of course, the thing I love most about the internet is how it helps me to stay connected to so many people.

Now that that's overwith, I tag Becky, Phil, and Christina because you guys have blogs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with all of them except #2 and #7...i hate working for the man, getting tickled (by mark especially) is like appendicitis all over again, and alice and i dearly want go camping...but don't have utah's great mountains! good blog, 'h'. pictures are overrated...i'd rather just read your yak-fests, anyway. i know what you look like!

Tracie said...

Yay, you updated! I'm glad to hear the DAT went pretty well. I don't what the scoring is like for that, but it sounds good. For all those who don't know Heidi that well, I can vouch that tickling Heidi=death. She can kick really hard. I despise calling in sick too. That's why I started emailing my bosses instead.

Christina said...

Congrats on the DAT! I hated calling in sick so much that I'd usually show up sick so they would send me home. Ridiculous I know.

Anonymous said...

Let me chime in with another vote for Fall as my favorite season. It has been ever since I got back from my mission. I loved starting at BYU again (back in the day) and starting new classes and seeing my friends come back and meeting new people and playing intramural sports. Also the cooler weather and the colors on the mountains. To be precise, my favorite time was approximately Sept. 1 through Oct. 20th. I was almost obsessive about making the most of every day during that time. Not any more, of course. I loved Krusty.

Pete said...

Well I was very perplexed when Christina listed "Fergusons" under her family blogs. I had seen that blog before but didn't recognize anyone on it. But lo and behold, there is cousin Heidi, who I haven't seen in about 7 years. Great blog. Thanks for adding our link. I have added a link to you.

I will agree that fall is the best season. No one has even mentioned one of the best reasons - college football!

I think every blog entry needs a picture - some of us don't remember what you look like! Where are all the other Hansen blogs?

Anonymous said...

I would have to rank my seasons thusly:

Rank Season Previous
1. Fall 3
2. Spring 2
3. Summer 1
4. Winter 4

You know what? I'm going to turn this into a blog post.