Most of you have probably stopped checking my blog by now, and with good reason, since I've been absent for over three weeks. That is an anomaly for me, I know. I was dreading the inevitable Christmas post, since most are skimmed at best (I know mine will be, and that's okay.) But here it is for your viewing pleasure, and I promise I will be back to normal after I get this out of the way.
(Some of you might recognize this text, so feel free to skip.)
Drove up to Utah on the 20th, beautiful drive. I really love the drive along highway 89, it is so picturesque. Will was actually quite agreeable on the drive. I felt like I had travelled through time as I drove from weather in the 60's to snowy cold weather in Utah. So Christmas really felt like it snuck up on me.
We spent the first week at the Hansen homestead. It snowed a lot and Will had fun experiencing the snow for the first time. We bundled him up and my mom bravely pulled me and Will on a sled all the way to a neighboring house. Christmas Eve we spent with the Hansens and participated in the eating, nativity watching/filming, and singing.




Christmas Day we woke up and did stockings and present opening also at the Hansens, since we were staying with them. Will was so excited for Christmas morning he woke up super early. Did I say Will? I meant me.


Afterwards, we drove to the Fergusons for Christmas dinner and presents. The Ferguson kids all contributed to make John and Libbie a personalized calendar.


Will loved his train that Grandparents Ferguson gave to him. We got lots of presents from our family, which we are very thankful for and managed to successfully cram them all back into our car for the drive home.
We stayed the night there since the roads were very icy. The next day we went back to the Hansens since we were originally going to dog-sit at the Fergusons while they went to California for a wedding. But the weather was bad so they cancelled their trip. On Saturday many members of my family went sledding at my old elementary school. It was really fun and I thought that the hill wouldn't be that cool since it's not very tall, but it was still surprisingly scary! Will was a good sport about it.



The following week, we spent the remainder of our time at the Fergusons and Aaron's cousins stayed with them at the same time, so it was a full house! We had lots of fun with the Migdats though. We went to SLC, ate at Biaggi's and went to Temple Square--and it was freezing!





New Year's Eve we spent with Aaron's friends and my family, and the following days we just hung out at the Ferguson's and played a lot of games. Aaron got obsessed with Monopoly but only won once, when I think he played by himself. We drove home on Sunday and ran into a snowstorm in Flagstaff which delayed us about an hour, but we got home after listening to Will cry for about two hours. All in all, it was a great vacation and nice to have two weeks of winter.
12 comments:
I loved all the pictures, but where's JO! I must say I was a little surprised...oh wait they were in Alabama with all the Obama books!! Love you so much Heidi, thanks for chatting today. It was fun to talk to you. Remember Bonds....Shera's scared of it.
The worst part of trips is coming home. Even though you're happy to get back to normal life, it just feels like it takes forever to get home. Plus, everyone is tired and cranky!
Gary on a sled! Pigs have flown! I like how his eyes are closed, bracing for impact. He problem just put it on level ground, sat on it for a while, and then got up and said, "That's enough fun for today."
*Probably, not problem. I always do that!
Not only did I not skim this, I enjoyed reading about your Christmas. Also, I am grateful that you did post because I have been checking and if I saw the title of your last post staring me in the face one more time it was going to get ugly.
P.S. Will's snowsuit is killing me.
It was nice to see the pictures, Heidi. I'm not so good at taking pictures and then emailing them so thanks for doing that for me.
That picture of you and Will in front of the temple...amazing! He is getting so big. We'll be there next Christmas for sure so you'll have to redo all those activities. I haven't been sledding in like 15 years.
Yay! Welcome back! I missed you and your cute posts!
Ha, it's about time. Sounds like you had a way busy Christmas! Luckily you're back in the heat, i'm freezing my butt off!!
There are no pictures of me on here. I'm disappointed in you.
Those sledding pictures are SUPER cute and I love the one of you kissing Will. He is just getting so big I cant even believe it! Jealous! p.s. youd be afraid of Bonds too if you saw Dawn when she was reading it. (SCARY!)
Welcome back from your blog brake!
Sounds like you had a busy Christmas! I really wanted to go to Temple square this year to see the lights and all . . .maybe next year!
Will did good sledding! Malachi was so scared that he spent most of his time in the car while the girls went!
I'll bet you enjoyed having Aaron around! That is so funny about monopoly!
Post a Comment