Sunday, January 25, 2009

"The world bores you when you're cool."

So today went reasonably well, as Sundays go. We have switched to an 11:00-2:00 schedule and it has actually worked better for us since Will's morning nap goes from 9-11ish. So he is better rested for church and can actually ALMOST make it through the three-hour block without a total meltdown. He now completely refuses to nap during church and has never really been the kind of kid to fall asleep while we're out and about so this was pretty good. But I still was really happy to put him down for a nap the second we got home from church.

Aaron has still been really busy studying for his Head and Neck class, which ends on Monday! It has been the hardest one for him so far and he didn't go to bed last Monday night at all since he was studying and I expect that it will be the same tonight. Here is how Aaron typically is seen on the couch, and yes I'm serious.
So in my family, we were pretty big slouchers. But now the student has become the master because even I can not stand slouching this much. But Aaron can sit in this position for hours.

But he has also taken a few hours to help me with some home improvement projects. First up, the curtains that I mentioned in my last post, we put up and it makes a huge difference in our house! Before all that was there were the hideous vertical blinds and they just didn't go with the rest of my living room. So we put them up and I love them. Next up--the bookcase. So remember the sticky Walmart bookcase incident? Well I took it back and got a new one. Also, I wrote a complaint to Walmart on their website and they gave us a 20$ gift card, so that worked out nicely. But here's the kicker: I put together the bookcase, but I didn't do a great job and it ended up being lopsided. So Aaron ripped it apart in an attempt to fix it and ended up breaking it more. But then he bought some wood glue and fixed it up and now it is sitting in our bedroom, as originally intended. Holy cow, what a bookcase nightmare though! I can not believe how much grief this stupid cheap piece of furniture has caused us. Hopefully it's behind us now though!

Will is still cute, don't worry. Here are a few pictures of him from this week:
Our little cougar.Willy hangin' with his dad and playing with one of his favorite yet forbidden toys: the remoteMy favorite picture of the bunch: Will has taken to spitting out any pureed baby food and will only eat 'real' food (whole peas, beans, etc.) So this was him after my attempt to feed him a jar of baby food. And then he sat there calmly with his hand clasped together. His face is hilarious.

Arizona is definitely the place to be right now...I knew I would love it in January! Every day the weather is a mixture of sun and clouds and the temperature is in the 70's with a slight breeze. We've been sitting in the living room with the sliding glass door open just feeling the cool air. But I guess we have to enjoy it while it's still cool (ish) before the horrid summer comes. Anyone who wants a break from the snow and ice is welcome to visit us!

13 comments:

Liesl said...

Now that is a pretty funny picture post. My favorites were the first and last. Go Aaron! Kind of reminds me of Dad when he used to make fun of the way you slouched.

Grant and Stacy said...

my back hurts just looking at that picture!

JoEllen said...

Max loves the remote, too. I would LOVE to come visit you (although we are not sick of the snow since we don't have any), but alas, I have too many children.

Lorana said...

You can give your baby an old, non-functional remote, cell phone, or whatever, but it won't matter. They only want the one you need to use.

Brian said...

Hail to the master sloucher. He sits up straight when he comes to visit - for politeness, I suppose.

Rub it in about the perfect weather whydon'tcha! I'll do it to you come May.

Tracie said...

I like the new curtains. They look nice.

The student has indeed become the master. I don't even know if that's slouching anymore. It's almost lying down.

And I am indeed looking forward to the trip in March to visit you. It'll be a nice respite from the cold. :)

mandy said...

Hilarious. It seems as though Aaron and Will are both pretty zen with the slouching and the hand clasping. I'm actually loving the cold and snow right now but talk to me in a few weeks and I'll be dying for a change.

Kent said...

Every place (well, except California) has their good months for weather and bad months. Arizona has the winter months, Boston has the fall months (May and June are pretty nice, too), and Utah's pretty much the same as Boston. So enjoy your good months, although I'm trying to keep a good attitude about the sucky months here, which will be the subject of my next post. Stay tuned!

I was going to comment on Aaron's slouch but everybody commented on that already, so it's been over-commented.

Paula said...

I'm jealous of your weather. I'll have to remember your invitation next January.

Alice H said...

Those curtains are quite the inspiration to me. Next place we live I'll do something like that for sure. So expect a call! Also I'm starting to shop for a high chair for Charlie...that was one funny picture of Will. And a good warning...a bib for him and a bib for me.

Lechelle said...

Your curtains look great.
I so would visit you right now if I could.

Amy said...

That is a super slouch- but whatever helps you study is good I guess!
I love your curtains- I really need some nice ones hanging in my living room too. I am glad Aaron was able to fix your bookcase. WHat a hassle!

I love that picture of Will. He looks so much like Aaron!

We are enjoying the weather here too. I hate the summer here!

Malachi also loves our forbidden remote! Funny that you said that!

JenRN said...

I love AZ weather in "winter" - it is the best on the planet for sure. Enjoy it while you can... as you know, the summer comes and packs a punch. Love the baby food incident photo... that is so awesome and those make great memories. It made me giggle. Thank you for sharing!