Our little family right before churchBut I also hate it because Aaron has weekly tests on Monday morning. And, while it would be just angelic of Aaron to not study on Sunday, it is not going to happen. He has five days of cramming his head full of a semester's worth of information, and two days to really study it. And lately, his classes have been really intense, so he usually pulls an all-nighter on Sunday. What does this mean for me? It means that after I spend all afternoon cooking a glorious Sunday dinner, I also usually end up doing the dishes and go to bed alone. I actually don't mind going to bed alone, because then I don't have to worry about Aaron's snoring making it impossible for me to fall asleep. But it makes me feel sick when I wake up at like 5 in the morning and see that Aaron is not next to me.
Which is why I usually do a simpler 'Sunday meal' (aka pot roast in the crock pot) but today I took on a little more than I should have. I made chicken cacciatore, fruit salad, and Skor cupcakes (which doesn't sound like much, but it really was.) And I completely trashed my kitchen. But I did a little documentation for your enjoyment:
In other news, here are a few highlights this week:
1. Will got a haircut. This was a pretty big undertaking, a decision made at the last minute after I finished cutting Aaron's hair. I have cut Will's hair once before, but it really didn't count since all I did was cut off his mullet. Now his hair had gotten unruly, and while I loved it, it was...unruly. So we held him down and cut it, and I think that I did okay, all things considered.
2. Aaron and I celebrated our three year anniversary from the day we got engaged, Januay 28th. We really went all out...we got In n Out Burger and made some cookies. Three years ago, I got the stomach flu, Aaron went to the hospital for an IV, we got in a car accident, and then decided to end the week by getting engaged.
3. Aaron had the good fortune to learn that he gets to pay for his first board exam this summer. Hooray! I was hoping to spend some more money on dental school. Additionally, we had to pay for the study books, so we went to Barnes & Noble to check out which ones to get. After we got all the way home, I was feeling so sick and excited to get in the house. But then we discovered that I had left our house keys at the bookstore! Bah.
4. Though we didn't watch it, the Arizona Cardinals played in the superbowl tonight and everyone here was very excited and pulled out their dusty Cards jerseys to parade around, trying to pretend that they're not all fair weather fans. I don't think Aaron even owns a red shirt.
Well that's all for us this week! Tune in regularly since I think I will be updating a little more frequently in the future.
8 comments:
What a cute baby!! Of course I think so because he looks like Max in that sweater. Just a lighter version. Mark is looking at this with me and he has some comments too:
"good job on the haircut. Really like it. Good luck to Aaron on his next test tomorrow. Ask him does he still those church history cds that we can get" We both think the skor cupcakes look yummy. Were they?
I'm proud to say that I don't give a whit about a throng of brawn bereft of brains brawling about a lemon-shaped mass of pigskin. And that I visited thesaurus.com to get all those words.
It's good to know we're not the only ones with an insanely fussy baby during church. Alice has had the sacrament maybe a couple times since Charlie was born, as he starts crying right on cue after the bread. Before you judge, I'm up on the stand having just played the organ during the Sacrament and then rarely get to hear the talks as I take my turn with Charlie. Then all through primary Charlie is fussing as Alice leads and I play piano, and everyone and their dog tries to give help and sometimes unsolicited advice with Charlie, and it typically ends up with me making a few women in the ward cry with my usual arrogant self.
I'm glad Kurt's finally admitting to his arrogance. If only I could admit to it.
The Chicken Catchy you made looked delicious. I always made a huge mess during that meal, usually ending up with it all over my shirt and face. I am the messiest eater ever. And those cupcakes looked delish!
This Sundee was spent digging out my snowcave, entertaining the missionaries with pot roast and pumpkin bars, and then finishing it off with a few hours of Green Goblins and then the Super Bowl.
Will is so cute!
I also wanted to say that your description of Aaron's studying and books and tests has made me really glad I'm done with school. I think it's great that Aaron's still in school, it will totally pay off in the end, but man, I couldn't have done it. I always hated school.
Recipes please.
Very cute haircut on an extremely cute baby.
And don't worry, I'm sure Sundays will get better in approximately 15years, or whenever you are done having little babies. I'm still waiting...
I'll never admit to being arrogant. I'm perfectly humble. Thank you very much.
Dagnabbed good-lookin' cupcakes and cacciatore. And I don't even like cacciatore that much. But I'm sure you make it just as goodly as Ma.
I love the picture of the three of you, super cute. And I am very impressed with your cooking, your hubbs is lucky! I never cook, unless it is a quesadilla. Maybe spaghetti if I'm feeling gormet, ha!
Post a Comment