So a couple of days ago, I had gotten completely fed up with all the food/stains on the dining room carpet from a certain messy eater...and Will, too. So I bought this little carpet cleaning solution by Resolve and went to work. Only Will woke up from his nap soon after I was knee-deep in my deep-cleaning. Since the carpet was all wet, I made a little barricade of chairs in the living room that I really thought he would not penetrate, but I was wrong.
Sorry this picture is so blurry but he was a quick crawler so this was the best shot I could get. Also on my cell phone.
Freedom!!!It was pretty funny to me that he was able to squish himself under the chair. He has been desperate to follow me around wherever I go, which is actually kind of nice because now I don't have to carry him all the time. The other day I was getting his bath ready and I said, "Come on, let's go take your bath," and I waved for him to follow me, and he crawled right into the bathroom like an obedient puppy.
So last weekend we made a trip to Babies R Us to buy some baby proofing items and they were having some sort of event so there were lots of extra people there promoting various things. At one point the gigantic man-in-giraffe costume guy came over and completely scared me...he was just creepy. We also ran into some studly firefighters who insisted on chatting us up, probably because they were bored out of their minds ("What on earth are we doing at a Babies R Us??") I think they were promoting safety and smoke alarms. But they gave Will a red hat and posed for this picture.
And I guess we've sealed Will's fate as a firefighter since he was a dalmation for halloween and now he's a fully-fledged firefighter.
By the way, the carpet cleaning was very successful and now I refuse to let Will eat in the dining room by the carpet...he is restricted to our small kitchen.
Have a great weekend everyone, I know I will enjoy this one. I think we'll go swimming next week.
So last weekend we made a trip to Babies R Us to buy some baby proofing items and they were having some sort of event so there were lots of extra people there promoting various things. At one point the gigantic man-in-giraffe costume guy came over and completely scared me...he was just creepy. We also ran into some studly firefighters who insisted on chatting us up, probably because they were bored out of their minds ("What on earth are we doing at a Babies R Us??") I think they were promoting safety and smoke alarms. But they gave Will a red hat and posed for this picture.
And I guess we've sealed Will's fate as a firefighter since he was a dalmation for halloween and now he's a fully-fledged firefighter.By the way, the carpet cleaning was very successful and now I refuse to let Will eat in the dining room by the carpet...he is restricted to our small kitchen.
Have a great weekend everyone, I know I will enjoy this one. I think we'll go swimming next week.
7 comments:
I love the pictures of Will squishing himself out underneath the chair. And the fact that he acts like a puppy.
Leez beat me again!
I thought it was funny how you said, "I made cinnamon rolls for myself, just kidding they were really for Aaron!" With me it's the other way around, I say I'm making cookies for me and Melanie, but I'm just making them for myself, and I try to hoard them once they come out of the over.
Hoard! Hoard! Hoard! (That's the sound of me hoarding)
Cinnamon rolls...mmm... My VTers brought me an enormous, decadent roll when they visited on Monday. Within minutes of their departure, I promptly ate it (sharing it w/ the boys) and felt gross for the rest of the day. You were wise to give them away.
Max likes defeating the obstacles, too. Except sometimes he gets highbarred, like on the moving chalkboard at church.
Swimming...you 'Zonans make me sick.
I can't believe you'd try to trap Will in like that. I can just see him there on all fours with a very hurt look on his face, calling for his Ma. Sad! But I guess in the end it was good for him, as he solved the problem himself. Just shows you how much I know about being a Ma.
So I'm glad you said something on my blog- for whatever reason you were not showing up as having posted recently on my little sidebar so I haven't been checking. I'll have to check it and make sure I have the right address and stuff. I thought you were just taking a little break from blogging or something:)
Will is such a cutie! I love that he firgured out how to flatten his little body to the ground and climb under the chair. He probaly thought "cool, mom set up an obstacle course!"
I am glad Aaron is done with the hard stuff and good job on your forty day self control. Chocolate is not something I am willing to give up!:)
This post makes me laugh because I've done all the same things. When I went off sugar I would overcompensate with other non-sugary foods. I tried keeping Mads out of the kitchen while I was mopping and she foiled my barstool barricade too. Also, we had carpet in our Dallas dining room so I bought one of those clear plastic floor mats that people use for rolling office chairs. I put under E's highchair and it worked like a charm.
Post a Comment