I made some new goals last Sunday regarding my health, and my main one was to be in bed every night by 11 pm. The first night was a success...I was in bed with the lights out by 11 pm. You might have thought that I got a good night's sleep, but you would be wrong. Insomnia kicked in and I didn't sleep until about 5 am that morning. I kept getting up and reading and stuff so I would hopefully fall back to sleep, but nothing worked. It was pretty miserable, I was wide awake. Despite that, I still got up at 7-ish and managed to have a full day of housework, grocery shopping, exercise, taking care of baby, etc. And for some reason I didn't go to bed at 11, rather waiting until my body was sleepy at 12.
Tuesday was just as busy with more housework, exercise, catching up with my sister, sewing, and taking care of bebe. That night I went to BJ's with a bunch of my girlfriends for a girls night out. It was so awesome to just have a night out and talk each others' ears off, which we really did. We talked so much I'm sure that people around us were making fun of the gabby group of girls who moved from the table to the lobby to the parking lot during a period of about 3 hours. But it was fun. And I had a pizookie from BJs which is like a large warm cookie with ice cream, similar to what we had at Oregano's when we went there awhile back, and I have to say that I think Oregano's is better. Anyway, since I didn't get home until 10 and we still had to finish a movie we'd rented, I didn't go to bed until 1 am! What is my problem?
Needless to say, I have been falling over myself today trying to stay awake. Unfortunately Will has picked today to refuse to nap so he is currently crying it out in the closet. And I am getting very sleepy again, feeling weak and lightheaded...
This is a pretty lame post and I'm sorry I don't have any brilliant pictures right now. I usually take pictures of Will and I'm sure most of you all are sick of hearing about my kid so I am taking requests...what would you like to hear about? What would you like to see pictures of?
10 comments:
i love bj's... mmmmmmm oreo pizookies. such a yummy place.
I want to see pictures of your right shoe.
I would like to see more of your handsome husband! I mean seriously, he's friggin hot!
Oooo..I hope people don't get sick of seeing pictures of cute kids cause then I'm in trouble.
I've never even heard of BJs or ever tasted a pizookie--who knew I was so deprived?
I'm with you on trying to go to bed earlier. It is so hard because it is the few moments of alone time I have during the day. Getting up at 5:30 to exercise has helped a little.
I miss you too! I haven't done much writing lately:(
I totally know about the Insomnia thing. I finally discovered that if I am blogging or writing my book before I go to sleep, then my mind seems restless. It sucks. I hope you find a cure:)
I want to see a picture of Will crying it out in the closet!:)
and PS - i am not sick of hearing about Will or seeing his ute pictures.
Intrigued by that third comment, I looked up that interview of you with Grandma. Did you ever type up the rest of it? I did that once with Grandpa Hansen, probably only a couple years before he died. Kind of interesting.
Don't give up on your goal! I try new goals but I always fail at first. I think all you have to do is just ignore the first few failures and then keep at it until it's a habit.
The standing joke at our house for Scott and me is that almost every morning we vow to go to bed earlier. That must be the sign of a very self-disciplined person--getting to bed on time. And I would like to hear more about the weather so I can feel jealous of how warm and sunny it is there.
I'm taking it Aaron has access to the Interview w/ Gma site? Yes I would LOVE to see more of him, hear more from him too! But I like all of your posts. I myself feel a little dried up for ideas. How about more on your projects? What were you sewing? Cooking?
My favorite part about the interview with Ellen was when Grandma asked you if you'd ever heard about the Lindberg baby, and you said a simple "Yes." Strange how you didn't tell her how you heard about it from Abraham Simpson.
Heidi? Sheesh what is going on? Not falling asleep till 5am! That is horrible, I dont know how you can even function like that! One thing that I noticed that really helps me fall asleep, (cause I used to stay up for hours waiting) is sleeping with an eye mask. I dont know why, but it always works! (Also are you eating late at night? that screws me up too)
Post a Comment