Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break woo hoo

It's been a long and busy week. One of those weeks that start out so awesome and exciting that you never want it to end, but then of course by the end you are so happy to be getting back to normal life. Except that Aaron, who is studying for test right now (hopefully his last for awhile), would probably beg to differ.

We spent the first several days of Aaron's spring break catching up on chores and just enjoying spending time together without being glued to the computer. On Wednesday morning we hauled off to spend a couple days in Las Vegas for a quick R&R (with a baby? Is that possible?) We got a good deal on a hotel we've always wanted to stay at, the Venetian. It was a pretty fun trip but I was happy to come back to the non-smokey air. The drive is pretty terrible though. There is bumper-to-bumper traffic during two parts of the drive that takes about an hour each to get through. I have to say that as great as the inner-city freeways are in the Greater Phoenix area, they need to seriously work on the freeways out of the city.Inside the hotelOutside the hotel, by the pool areaWill loved the bed. After his bath he would crawl and jump around on it nude. Inside the new Palazzo hotelOutside the Wynn. We have a picture in front of this waterfall from our honeymoon.On the deck of the Fashion Show Mall with a giant TV screen that only played the Ipod commercial over and over and over...Looking at the giant fish tank in Caesar's Palace, Will loved it.Blue Man with creepy eyesAnd at last, inside the conservatory in the Bellagio.

After Vegas, we welcomed my friend Tracie and her husband Austin to stay at our house for a couple of days. She's pregnant so this was their last childless trip. We didn't have that much time (or energy) to do a ton of things but we did get a babysitter for Friday and enjoyed Cheesecake Factory with them. Then Saturday we went to the San Tan Mall and walked around and then went to the temple grounds in the evening. And of course Aaron accomplished his single goal of getting my friends hooked on The Office (yes, we were totally shocked they have never watched it.)This is Will's "Cheese" faceAustin and Aaron being very patient while I shopped a bit.Our beautiful temple, the 7th one built. It really is a cool temple and very beautiful inside. It used to do live ordinances and now it doesn't, but you still have to move to a different room to go through the veil.

I am looking forward to the next several weeks. I have some interesting projects that I wanna try out and some other activities planned. Plus Will's birthday is coming up so I've been planning that a little bit as well.

11 comments:

Liesl said...

That is the coolest floor I have EVER seen. Blows my mind.

Okay, that's all.

Lechelle said...

Ok, first of all I am going over to Tracie's blog right away to yell at her for never watching The Office before, thank you for fixing that, it's a little embarrassing.
I LOVE the Bellagio conservatory, it's one of my favorite things about vegas.
I did a session once at the Arizona temple, and I thought it was very beautiful.
Good pictures! You are such a babe!

Lorana said...

I've never been a fan of the drive between here and Vegas. I like driving over the dam, but only when it's not jammed full of cars. It's nice you got a break from the daily marathon.

Katie Torriente: said...

Sounds like you had a fun spring break week- i love seeing all your pics!

Tracie said...

Thanks for letting us stay with you! It was a lot of fun to visit with you, Aaron, and Will. I loved getting to know your son better and see you being a mom. He's a doll. Love his "cheese" face.

And in all fairness, we've been MEANING to watch The Office for some time. We can only watch so much TV and there are so many shows to watch. We only recently got caught up on Psych. Now Austin wants to spend all of his time watching The Office so Aaron should be proud. We also like Chuck. We'll be netflixing both of them.

I know we didn't do too much but we still had a good time. It was just nice to take a break from life and visit with friends. I didn't have too much energy to do much anyway.

I'll send you the pics I took once I upload them all. :) It'll take me awhile to get caught up on blogging.

Tracie said...

Oh and I want to thank Aaron for showing me mint.com. I'm SO excited to get started on that.

Brian said...

That floor was pretty dagnabbed cool. Looks like something M.C. Escher designed. But the random hand sticking out on the right side of the picture tops it off.

mandy said...

What a fun trip! It is always good to get out of town for a little while. Naked baby on the bed is adorable--and brave.

Kent said...

Is it me, or did that Blue Man look a lot like Tobias?

Sunnie said...

crazy that will is almost 1! he is too cute! and fun to go to vegas and to hang out with friends. stuff like that always makes life a little bit better.

ben and shera said...

So speaking of how much Will looks like Aaron, the picture of him doing his cheese smile looks just like Aarons smile 2 pics down in the mall. Funny. (And Aarons smile is normal, which makes it all the more funny)