Another bad thing that happened was the charger for my computer broke and died. It had really overheated one night so Aaron put it in the freezer to cool off. He meant to leave it there for only a minute but totally forgot about it and left it over night. It only worked sporadically for a day or so after that and then it gave up the ghost and we had to drop quite a bit of money for a new one. But I'm back now and it's fine. You probably didn't even notice I was gone.
We had a pretty fun weekend though, since I recovered somewhat and felt normal by Saturday. We were both pretty productive and then went on a date to the San Tan Mall (to get my new comp cord) and ate at Brio again. We have a bad habit of going to restaurants spontaneously and everytime we leave it, we are thinking "why on earth did we go out to eat?" Because, folks, eating out is just not fun with a baby/toddler. They want to have their hands all over everything and if you don't give them something to eat they will be mad. So we ordered him some Mac and Cheese (which, incidentally, we enjoyed more than our entree) and he proceeded to shampoo his hair with it. It was actually hilarious except that it was a giant mess. This picture was taken before the giant mess, by the way.
I'm happy to report that Aaron's crazy school schedule is coming to an end. He has completed most of the classes and is now moving onto being in the simulation lab every day, meaning very few tests and homework for the rest of the year! I really think the worst part of dental school is behind us, so things are looking up. He has even promised to blog very soon, maybe even next time. By the way, the simulation lab is basically a simulation dentist office. There are dental chairs and 'patients' (mannequins) who they do teeth work on. My little dentist is growing up!
Thanks to Aaron's classmate for this picture that I stole from him. This is the Sim Lab.In the last couple of weeks, Will has gotten four top teeth in, and that has resulted in him learning to say a lot more words (you need to have teeth to be able to speak, donchaknow.) He has a little lexicon now of baby sounds for certain words. He says: cheese ("chee"), frog ("gog"), all done ("ah duh"), as well as mama, dada, baba, and hi. He has also accepted his role as a trained monkey and now does things at my command. When you say "bonk!" he hits his head. But he sometimes confuses that with "honk!" in which he then honks his nose. When you say "kiss!" he makes kissy sounds and occasionally will sign "more" in sign language, although we're still working on that. This video is an attempt to show you all, but he gets a little camera shy.
He also thinks its funny to bite fingers and toes, and in the past we thought it was funny too, but now that he has those top chompers in, it's not so funny. So we're teaching him that it's a 'no-no' and he's very obedient. We'll see how long that lasts. He's also very good at sharing; when I stick out my hand for him to give me something, he will give me what he's holding or what's in his mouth. If he's holding nothing and nothing is in his mouth, he will pull an imaginary something out of his mouth to give me. He also enjoys making messes, but what baby doesn't? He discovered the cupboard where I store all our plastic grocery bags...
7 comments:
I Just have to say the Kids menu mac and cheese was seriously awesome. I mean, it actually tasted better than most meals I have had at restuarants... which is saying alot (Yes, I'm an experienced restuarant fatty!) I wonder if they would still let us order it if will wasn't there?
I love how Will started looking around when you asked where Froggy was. He clearly understood the question. He is definitely a good monkey, we should call him Abu.
So you've looked at Target and Walmart and they don't have swim diapers there? They have them here, maybe I should just mail you some. Did you ask?
The Freezer??? I thought Aaron was smart??:) Just jokin' It can happen to the best of us!
Will looks so much like Aaron - what a cutie he is! He says more things than Malachi! I think we need to take the pasi away so that he will start to speak!
I am glad you are feeling better!
Doesn't Utah have that crazy law that you need to have swim diapers and a plastic diaper on the outside of it? I usually get my swim diapers at walmart and occasionally Costco.
That stinks about your computer! I'm glad things are working now. Will is SO cute. I love when they start to understand things.
Have you checked Target for swim diapers? They had all the goggles and floaties out the other day--even here.
Good thing chocolate isn't against the Word o' Wisdom :)
That video is so fun! I really need to come down and see you guys, he is getting so big!
Oh by the way, I have 3 chargers and certainly could spare one if yours self destructs again. (or Aaron sabotages) Sounds like if it was overheating it may have been on the fritz anyway.
Post a Comment