And because of her, I am making Marshmallow Fondant this week and am very excited to try it out. Has anyone done this? Has anyone done this with success? Come on Lechelle, I know you're dying to comment.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
My Ace of Cakes
I kind of worship my friend Becky. She is a domestic goddess but yet so career-driven too.
I met her at my last job, SAS Creative Marketing, where she did the public relations and was always coming up with awesome ideas, despite the beaurocracy. After she graduated and left me, she was determined not to become Mrs. Graduated Couch Potato, which most of us have experienced at one point or another. She took a bunch of community craft classes, refining her multitude of skills and talents, including baking, cooking, sewing, cake decorating, and so on. And she blogs about it. She blogs professionally, for ShirleyJ, but she has three of her own blogs, her personal one, Project Domestication, and Utah Loves Cupcakes. In addition to this, she shares with me TONS of other blogs related to these things, passions that we both love and share. I miss Becky. But she is my personal guru and go-to for all things domestic (next to my mom and mother-in-law.)
And because of her, I am making Marshmallow Fondant this week and am very excited to try it out. Has anyone done this? Has anyone done this with success? Come on Lechelle, I know you're dying to comment.
And because of her, I am making Marshmallow Fondant this week and am very excited to try it out. Has anyone done this? Has anyone done this with success? Come on Lechelle, I know you're dying to comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mrs.Graduated Couch Potato? Hilarious. I've only tried the pre-made fondant and that was scary enough for me. I can't wait to see what you make with yours.
Marshmallow fondant sounds more tasty than the regular fondant. I did a wedding cake with the regular stuff, but I don't know if what I learned would be helpful with marshmallow fondant.
MMF is the only fondant I use now. Everyone likes the taste so much better, and I think it is easy to work with once you get in your groove.
Post a Comment