Monday, September 28, 2009

Good news--I saw a dog today.

Well it's been a little while since I've posted some pictures.Here's some sort of stork or crane that occasionally hangs out at our lake.Here's some very guilty-looking butter I discovered...mysteriously shaped like a one-year-old hand.And here's that same one-year-old demonstrating his very reverent 'folding arms' position. He has actually gotten very good at folding his arms for prayer and staying that way until we say amen.
He's not actually picking his nose here, I just asked him to point to his nose. He found it and said "noooose."
And one of Will's favorite pastime, looking out at the world from our deck. He can be frequently be seen yelling at passers-by.

Will is at that age (almost 18 months) where he is equal parts trouble and cleverness. He speaks pretty clearly (to me) and is starting to form simple sentences, such as "go bye?" "thank you" and "here you go." His favorite thing is to find things he deems 'gucky' and then throw them away. This is very helpful at times because it saves us a trip to the garbage can, but today he picked up one of my socks and said, "gucky!" and threw it away.
I was just now very happy because he had taken a long nap, 2 1/2 hours long, and I had a nice break. But in the 5 minutes he was up, he had already made a mess of some pear juice and found my hair things box and was dismantling it. But I'm happy again because he's playing outside in the water table. That thing has been our saving grace this last month. It gives us a little break and lets Will play outside when we would rather die than be out there.
Aaron has finally been able to get caught up a little bit in school this last week. And he turned in his public health paper at the early deadline and guess what? He got a perfect score. So I guess we know the only safe way to go with this crazy professor.
The weird thing is that I have actually gotten really busy. I really hate being busy and done like to have multiple obligations to attend during the week. But last week I had mutual on Wednesday, Enrichment meeting on Thursday night, and RS broadcast on Saturday. I know most of you are laughing, but that is actually really busy for me! I do most of my crafting/sewing at night because that's when Will is in bed and isn't into everything and I really needed to get this done:
It's really taken me forever since it was much bigger than the last quilt I did like this and had to continue going back to the store for more supplies. But it's turning out pretty great. It's for my sister-in-law's toddler bed.

Two frustrating things that happened:
1) I spent 3 hours on Saturday using a wardee's Cricut machine to cut out letters for all the enrichment posters I have to make. Half of those letters included the word "enrichment." Then, watching the RS broadcast, I learn that lo and behold, it's not called Enrichment anymore! So I can't use all those letters. Sigh.
2) I got a traffic ticket in the mail. These are pretty stiff punishments, since I have to pay 180 bucks, attend 8 hours of traffic school and an additional 5 hours of 'defensive driving' class to get if off my record. If anyone ever comes to visit us, there are these cameras everywhere and they LOVE to take pictures of you. They also move them around to different intersections so you can't just memorize where they are.

Well, Mom and Dad are coming to visit in two days. Hope they don't mind the craziness.

9 comments:

Kurt said...

Well, you officially convinced me: I now have ZERO desire to ever live in Arizona. I am really sorry about that ticket.

JoEllen said...

Love the butter. Too bad you can't keep it forever as a memory or mold of his little hands. I guess some people would keep it, but that would be gross.

Nate said...

Sure he does not pick his nose anymore. Who does not pick their nose? Sorry about the speeding ticket! that is a lot of retribution for one ticket.
I also love the hand print in the butter.

mandy said...

I really love this age. When my toddlers are equal parts trouble and cleverness I find myself feeling equal parts of, "You are driving me crazy!" and "I can't get enough of you!"

That stinks about the enrichment signs. Although, you are probably the only person in the church who has a reason to be bummed about the change.

Kent said...

What were you doing that cost 180 bucks? That seems pretty stiff. I feel like it's somehow illegal to put cameras up. Just kinda bugs me. Too much "big brother is watching you".

Amy said...

That sucks about that ticket. I know man who argued a case like that in Hawaii because they got a ticket sent to them for doing something similar but it wasn't him driving the car it was his son - and they said you can't just give the car a ticket you have to give the person a ticket or something like that. . . anyway that sucks- but your quilt, that is amazing. You did beautiful work.

Oh yeah . . . Will is a cutie too- you also did good work on him:) I can't tell you how happy I am that the weather has cooled and my children can actually play outside!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

dang ticket...

and you have a cool deck. i love that pix.

miss ya.

Vanessa said...

Oh my I laughed out loud about that guilty looking butter--haha! AND that quilt?? How in the world do you make one of those? I was obsessed with your last one and am still obsessed. I even made my sister take a gander to oooh and ahhh. SO CUTE.

Sunnie said...

fun post! why do kids like to eat butter? i don't know. also, you have an awesome deck. i would want to hang out there, too. and love that quilt! isn't night time the best time to get stuff done. so quiet and peaceful and no one to undo what you just did. i look forward to it each day.