Sometime in the last two weeks, my parents came down for a quick visit. They weren't here for long, so we didn't do much. My mother made me lunch, dinner, and dessert though, which was the best part of their visit. They also took us out to dinner where Will demonstrated his most awful behavior. My dad and I also went to Aaron's school where he gave us a tour.
General Conference was great, as usual. I was able to watch most of all the sessions and was touched by so many things. I loved Pres. Monson's talk on Service and keep reminding myself, "Why did I do for someone else today?" That question has already helped me to do more service. I was also touched by Elder Holland's talk on the Book of Mormon, particularly when he mentioned Alma and Amulek watching the innocent people die, since I just read that story and really got more out of it than I ever have before.
The next week was busy with work and play. I spent a lot of time sewing but took a break after I finished my projects. The next several days I tried to catch up on housework but took some time to entertain Will. We went to the park a couple of times with different people and on Saturday we let him play at a splash pad because it was still in the 90's. He loved it. He is such a social boy now and craves the outdoors and other children so I really have to find ways to get out every day. Today was his first official day in nursery and he did so well. He was so excited and happy to be there, playing with everyone and barely remembered his poor mother. I thought I would be relieved to have him in there full time, but it was surprisingly hard to let him go and I missed him a lot. He is my little buddy.
Defensive Driving, what a fun day that was. I had to go at 7 am on Saturday morning and wait in line for a half hour to get registered for the class. The whole time in line I was worried I wouldn't get in since the classroom was already full and there was still about 20 people to get in. They brought in more chairs and squished us all in this tiny room for 5 hours on uncomfortable chairs. My rear still hurts. After watching an hour of Final Destination 2-esque footage (massive car accidents for those who don't know) and having visions of me drowning in a car in a lake, the teacher lectured us on road rules. He was surprisingly entertaining and I learned a lot. One thing I am going to stop doing is talking on my cell phone in the car. I am also thankful that I don't ever have to worry about getting a DUI. Apparently it is punishable now in AZ by an automatic 4 months in jail. The whole thing would have been better were it not for some dude in the back who felt the need to share a story every time one popped in his head. It was his 4th time in Defensive Driving and from the state of his stories, he should not be driving. His way of not driving drunk was to just drive his trailer to the bar. I guess that's a solution.
We are expecting Aaron's parents this week, so I have a lot of cleaning house to do, again. I guess having frequent visitors gives one incentive for having a clean house.
6 comments:
Beth, my favorite name. I sure liked the pictures of Aaron's place of learning, I wish I could go and tour as well. Glad your defensive driving ordeal is over!
My house is always the cleanest when we have a string of visitors. I have always wondered if that was honest. . . :)
I gotta go, the Christmas tree's on fire.
i absolutely HATE traffic school. i have attended two in california, one online and one in utah. the utah one was the easiest, we just watched videos on youtube for 2 hours, the others were horrible!! i am sorry to hear about your ticket! and aaron looks such like a dentist in his scrubs!
But people die down there! And dying when you're not really sick is really sick, ya know!?!? Really!
I made Mel watch Better Off Dead and asked her how she liked it and she gave it a Susan-esque "It was adequate".
Also, some lady crossing the street right in front of us almost got hit by a minivan drive by a girl who was on her cell phone. People just can't talk and drive.
It doesn't seem like you need any blogging ideas from me . . . you had loads to discuss:) SOmetimes I feel like I go through dry spell of uninteresting days that lend nothing ot blogging and others days I have so much to say!
This was a great post. One part that stood out to me was taking Will to nursery. I totally cried when I dropped Cambria off the first time. She was my only buddy in the strange new town we lived in at the time.
Aaron looks like a stud in scrubs:)
. . .looks like Kirstie needs to stay off the road too:)hehe! Sorry Kirstie!:)
Post a Comment