Sunday, October 18, 2009

Today's Show: Rummaging Through the Kitchen

This Tuesday, I am going to demonstrate to the RS sisters how to make a pie crust. I have to say, I have the best recipe ever. And I also love to decorate my pie crusts. Making pie is more of an artistic activity, which is one reason I love doing it. Unfortunately I don't have a husband who loves to eat pie, so I don't make it much.
I really enjoy cooking and baking. I also love to watch certain Food Network shows. I remember even pretending to host my own cooking show when I was a little kid forced to do the dishes in the kitchen. We had a big picture window across from the kitchen and at night it showed my reflection clearly, which helped me to do the best show possible. But actual cooking is not quite as smooth-going as those cooking shows make it look. It's a little more like this:

6 comments:

Bruce Hansen said...

First post! First time ever.

I didn't know you were a pie diva, Heidi. You can practice your skills on your brother at any time. Michelle also makes a great pie crust, so we'll have to have a pie-off between the two of you some time. I'll judge.

JoEllen said...

That's a good clip- where do you find those? (yes, I'm a confessed non-You-Tube-er)... his voice sounds like Kent's in comedian mode.

I also have a great pie crust recipe. But no fabulous rolling pin sweater or cloth, those would be great additions to our kitchenware.

kurt said...

I don't want to be a pie! I don't like gravy.

Amy said...

I want to be a judge too with Bruce! I would love to know how to make a yummy pie crust. Maybe you can post a step by step on that! I usually buy the ready made crust from keebler. Not to exciting, but then again, I really only make frozen yogurt pies!

That video was funny!

Kent said...

Did you write this post just so you could put the clip up? Brilliant!

Tracie said...

I loved this sketch. It's so true!

I could also make a quick dinner if everything was conveniently pre-measured, pre-prepared in little bowls. And to take out the product that's conveniently finished out of the oven? Yes, that would make cooking much easier. :)