Aaron threw his back out. We're not sure how, exactly, but all I know is this: The Ferguson men have serious issues with their backs. As far as I know, every boy in Aaron's family has had back problems. And so Aaron just found his back to be so stiff he could barely sit down, let alone take care of Will while I was gone. And then Will got a cold anyway. So I decided to not go, and we accompanied Aaron to his service project.
His service project was manning a booth at a Halloween Fair at a Hispanic Elementary school. Will and I ate at a nearbye McDonald's and then joined him. It was fun to see Aaron speaking Spanish to all the kids, obviously enjoying being able to speak Spanish again. Being White, we were definitely in the minority walking around at the fair. Will and I spent most of the time playing at the playground and it was funny to watch Will climb up the stairs and go down the slide by himself. He would run up to me after each time babbling what I'm sure translated into, "Mom did you see me! I did it all by myself!"
Saturday we spent most of the day at home, since Will's cold was getting worse. But we did go out to a pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins to carve. Aaron and I had somewhat of a date later on by making caramel apples and watching Halloween shows. Anyway, Aaron's back is doing better now and Will's cold is going away, so seems that life is getting back to normal. We are excited for Halloween this year since we just came up with our costume ideas and hope they can turn out!
8 comments:
Mmmm...caramel apples. Remember our old ugly green bowl that sat in the fridge with all the caramel in it that we would reheat every so often to make caramel apples? Remember when I got really mad at you and pushed your hand in the caramel right after I took it after the microwave? Man, that was one of my more violent outbursts, I still feel bad for that one.
Adam hurt his back this weekend pulling rose bushes out at the temple. (Shouldn't service at the temple make you exempt from injuries?) I'm glad Aaron is feeling better.
I am determined to attempt a pie--maybe Thanksgiving? Thanks for the tips!
I love Will's head sticking out of the pumpkin! haha...and I love that you buy green bananas like our family does! (saw them in the back round of one of your pictures)
sorry to hear about Aaron's back, I'm glad he's feeling better. Thanks for the pie recipe, it's made me motivated. We hope to see you guys soon over the holidays, did I just write holidays, I can't believe they're already here. Keep the posts comin', I love reading them.
I was never a huge fan of caramel. Last time I was at a caramel apple party, I got crap all over my hands and made fun of Twilight. Memorable.
your caramel apples look so good!! we tried to make them, but all of the caramel slid off, leaving them caramel-less! what is your tick??
I forgot to tell you, I like your blog background. I am wayyyy too lazy to do anything about mine, but if I did do something, it would look like yours.
Did you buy those flattened caramel wrappers or melt it from caramels? Have you ever had homeade caramel apples? (you know, like you make the caramel from scratch) My friend made some last year and they were delicious. But a ton of work.
Will is darling. I love you guys' costumes. Those caramel apples look so yummy! Halloween is super fun!
Post a Comment