Today I spent most of the day cooking and baking because we were having a big Christmas Eve feast. We made a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and fruit salad. It was pretty exhausting and we will be eating the leftovers for the rest of the week. It also took longer than expected so Will ended up going to bed before we ate dinner. But tomorrow we will open some of our Christmas presents for Christmas morning, and I'll do another post about that.
Monday, December 14, 2009
George Bailey, I'll love you till the day I die.
Next week we go to Utah, but last weekend we started our Christmas celebration in Arizona. Technically, we started to get into our Arizona Christmas when we decorated. here is our tree this year, same as the last couple of years, but I am always so happy with how pretty it is. We also still did our Christmas village, up on shelves so Will couldn't mess with it.
This last Friday we went to see all the lights at Val Vista Lakes and the Mesa Temple. 
It was the first time we went to the Mesa Temple to see the lights, it was really amazing! For our youth conference, we helped to put up some of the lights and decorations, so it was fun to see how it all turned out. 
The next day, our friends had a fun Candy Train party. Aaron was a little competitive to outdo Trent's mountain, but we still ended up with a cute little train scene. We got a babysitter for the activity so Will missed out on all the candy fun, but the next day he saw it and could not wait to demolish it.

There was a train station with a four-car train sitting on a track that branched off. Also there is a little frozen lake with a wooden bridge.
Aaron did the train, and worked very hard on the engine, especially the smokestack.
Here are the long-lost lover gummy bears meeting on the bridge.
And here is a random cute picture of Will doing flips off Aaron's legs.
Today I spent most of the day cooking and baking because we were having a big Christmas Eve feast. We made a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and fruit salad. It was pretty exhausting and we will be eating the leftovers for the rest of the week. It also took longer than expected so Will ended up going to bed before we ate dinner. But tomorrow we will open some of our Christmas presents for Christmas morning, and I'll do another post about that.
Today I spent most of the day cooking and baking because we were having a big Christmas Eve feast. We made a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and fruit salad. It was pretty exhausting and we will be eating the leftovers for the rest of the week. It also took longer than expected so Will ended up going to bed before we ate dinner. But tomorrow we will open some of our Christmas presents for Christmas morning, and I'll do another post about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
will is so cute! i love that gingerbread scene- awesome! and another boy?! that is so fun!
I KNEW it would be adorable! Thanks for posting pictures! The smoke is amazing, and the bridge and hill are awesome! Nice job.
Your tree is so pretty! Looks like you've been having lots of fun!!
Love the tree, very impressed by the gingerbread train and how did I miss the part where you said you were having another boy?!?
P.S. Loved your Christmas card--you are an adorable pregnant lady!
I didn't know Aaron ever got competitive.
You look nice in those pictures; I forgot that you were pregnant.
(Oops, I forgot to comment on the subject line! How could I possibly forget?!)
Sniff! Brings a tear to my eye every time.
that tree is beautiful!! i wish i could get mine to look like that!!
Post a Comment