I need to get on my blogging so I can move on to other stuff. So this is going to be a long entry with lots of pictures, feel free to skim.
So I went to Utah on November 10th. My good friend Shera had her first baby in October so I stayed with her to help her out a little. But she was such a pro by the time I came that I barely had to do a thing. One of the days we went over to her friend's house who has a little boy Will's age.

He is trying to pick Will up, although I'm pretty sure Will weighed quite a bit more than he did.


Shera's little baby girl is named Rylee, and she looks just like Shera. She is a good baby and very cute.
After about a week, I moved my stuff to my parents' house, in anticipation for Aaron's arrival. We were apart for 9 days, which may seem like nothing, but it was hard! A few hours before we picked him up, Will and I went to Chili's for a friend's birthday party. And of course Will dumped a cup of ice cold water all over himself but our awesome server dug up a child's t-shirt for him to wear. It is so nice to have servers who understand how much trouble kids can be and try to make it as easy as possible.


Will was so exhilarated by being around all the people who thought he was cute and funny that he just fed off the energy and ran around the restaurant saying hi to everyone.

It was a happy reunion when Aaron arrived; and we spent the next week and a half in vacation bliss. Here is Aaron and Will licking a chocolate chip cookie dough beater...yum.

We also spent a morning making applesauce that we are going to take home at Christmas. My mom has a ton of apple trees and therefore a ton of apples each year that she can never seem to get rid of. She saved a bunch of apples for us and so we had fun making applesauce.

We also visited with Aaron's cousin Tiffany and her family. They live in California and decided to come to Utah for Thanksgiving. Here is Aaron showing Tiffany's husband Bryce his financial program that he's been working on forever.

Tiffany's sister Brittany and her daughter Michele came along for the ride.

Tiffany and Lacey (who is a couple weeks younger than Will) and one of her sons.

Will loved playing with phones, as he always has. But he has learned to imitate us and actually carries on conversations on the phone. One night he was playing with Liesl's phone and ended up calling the police. Liesl had a hard time convincing the police it was just a mistake.

Thanksgiving dinner was held again at my sister's house in Orem. She has a large addition which can accommodate large groups (which is good for her family of 11). I decided to make the turkey this year, which I think ended up being a lot easier than making pies or rolls. All I had to do was defrost and prepare the turkey, stuff with it stuffing, then bake in a bag for 4 hours. My dad carved it and then we made the gravy. Easy peasy.





Here are several pictures of my family. Top: My mom and dad, second is Camille (my niece born at 23 weeks). She just turned two this year and is learning to walk! She showed us all. She is a pro at walking in her therapy walker (which is the next picture) and it's seriously cute to see her bust around the house with it. The next picture is Michelle and Lana...Michelle just had her 5th kid and looks great. The last picture is Aaron and my dad writing letters to our oldest nephew David, who is on a mission in Germany.

Unfortunately, I wasn't very good at taking pictures of Thanksgiving at the Ferguson's house, which was that same evening. We ate with John and Libbie, Tim and Carolyn (aunt and uncle) and their son Greg and his fiance, Elizabeth. Will had a blast getting a lot of attention and playing with Libbie's glasses and battery candles.


The next day was Black Friday, but we didn't go shopping until that evening and really didn't get any amazing deals. Although I got a bunch of stuff at the BYU Bookstore. We did black friday at Michael's on Thursday evening and got some cute little Christmas trees for the front porch for only 15 bucks. We actually spent the day decorating my parent's house for Christmas, since they always have to host the RS party. We then went to dinner with my parents at the Olive Garden. Saturday was Aaron's birthday celebration with his family. We did family pictures at Thanksgiving Point and then had prime rib with the Ferguson's and hung out. Aaron opened some of his presents, most of which were church books. I'll post more about his birthday soon.
It was a really great Thanksgiving vacation, and we can't wait to go back for Christmas!
5 comments:
Nine days away from your husband? torture.
cute pics!
I can't believe how big Will is! He seriously looks like he's 4 in these pics. What did you buy at the BYU bookstore? Every time I'm there I feel like there's stuff I should be buying (stuff I can't find in MA), but then I can never see anything.
fun pics! will is so cute! maybe one day i will get to see him in real life:) fun to see brittany's baby. i didn't remember that she had one.
Will is so stinking cute! Looks like you had a great vacation :)
i love seeing pictures of people i haven't seen in forever-like tiffany and bryce! will is honestly so cute!
Post a Comment