Friday we got a babysitter and went to this restaurant in Scottsdale called T. Cooks. It is at the Royal Palms spa and hotel and is pretty dang fancy. We even got dressed up in a dress and suit. I kind of wish that I wasn't hugely pregnant though, since it's hard to feel normal when your mid section is jutting out a good six inches. But my hair did look exceptional, I just have to announce. At the restaurant, we had reservations and they had rose petals on the tables. They had a special Valentine's menu, and I ordered the lobster bisque, the duck, and a chocolate mousse for dessert. Aaron got a grilled salad, lobster with caviar ravioli, and a strawberry mousse. That's right people, we are fancy! If only for one night. It was kind of funny to play pretend that we were rich and live a night on the town, only to come back to our small apartment in our fairly ghetto town. And watch a cheesy lifetime movie.
I would love to say that Aaron surprised me with these...when the reality was more like us together at the grocery store last week, we picked them out together and he said, 'these are your Valentines flowers by the way.' Swoon! But hey, last night he gave me a sweet gift of Dove chocolates and an Itunes gift card.Saturday we spent most of the day working, me at sewing and Aaron on homework. And of course Will was working really hard on making giant messes. But Saturday night we made sugar cookies, the big soft cakey kind that Aaron doesn't really like. Will loved rolling out the dough and punching in the heart cutter. At first he didn't really get it and just started eating the dough like a cookie, but he caught on quick and had a great time. The cookies were VERY rich though and I haven't a clue as to how to get rid of them all right now. Making desserts is always kind of a good/bad thing for me, since we would like to eat the yummy things we make, but not ALL of them. And I am also too lazy to go deliver them around to other people. Rough life.
It has been a great V-day. Much better than Aaron and my first one, when he misspelled my name on the card...
12 comments:
Wow! I wish I had half the energy/motivation you have pregnant while NOT pregnant. Seriously.
Oh, and I laughed out loud about the misspelling of the name. HAHA! You'll have to write out that full story sometime. When I first saw your blog post title I thought, "Oh no! He misspelled her name!" as in thinking maybe he did it now. Which would have been much worse...
Happy v-Day!
Ha- that's so funny that you ran into Eddy and Heather. They live in either Mesa or Gilbert??? Anyway, my parents are moving down to Scottsdale this summer so now I'll have a good excuse to come see you too! xoxo.
Happy
Valentine's
Day!
That should give you a few more numbers:)
Kai and I don't even do anything for valentine's day! How lovely to go to a fancy restaraunt! Except now nothing sounds good for dinner!
No one ever comment on my craft blog either. It's okay though I still sell enough:)
I still need to write to you about how my friend got her stuff into boutiques!
Those cookies look delicious. I really wish I lived closer so I could help you out!
When I saw the "Hiedi" it reminded me all the valentine's you got in grade school with everyone spelling your name wrong. I sympathize. People were always spelling my name wrong too. ("traci" "tracy" "tracey") Heck, people even called me by the wrong name. Remember how Emily called me Stacy for like a year? And one person called me Trixie. But that was just to be mean.
Those cookies looked really good. I bet they tasted good too. I haven't heard of that frosting trick before. I'll have to try it. Probably less messy that way.
Those cookies make my mouth water...you need to get rid of them, you say?
I invite you to read my blog immediately. And cry for me. Haha
those cookies turned out so cute!!
Where did you find a recipe for the soft cakey sugar cookies? Like the ones in the vending machines, right? Those are delish! (the fish was delish and it made quite a dish) You need to send me a recipe, I should think.
Post a Comment