Will, in the meantime, has decided to fight sleep with all he has and has given me some really hard days of very early mornings and short naps and gigantic tantrums. I don't know if that is due to having a new brother hogging all the attention, because he seems to care about Lucas a lot and want to make him happy. Just today, as Lucas was bawling while I showered, Will ran and grabbed his bottle and then fed it to him. He is a very helpful boy when he wants to be.
And here's a cute picture of Will, wearing my gym shoes. And don't be fooled, he's actually not really much of a Costco kid. I've started exercising again, which is something I missed so much while being pregnant. I tried to workout while I was pregnant but it's never the same. I just felt enormous and tired. So while my postpartum body feels like I've never worked out a day in my life, it is really enjoyable for me to be able to do things like crunches and vinyasas. Nothing like being pregnant to make you appreciate exercise.
Bad news though...Aaron is dying. Dying of stress! He's actually been looking forward to this week for a long time because it meant the beginning of his third year as a dental student and working full time in the clinic and very few tests. But apparently the first week is a massive orientation where the students have several patients and rotations through the clinic and are expected to know everything about everything already. Apparently one student already did one tooth extraction, removing bone and all. Pretty scary! Next week will normalize though.
11 comments:
Holy bananas. My heart actually skipped a beat when you opened that last paragraph with "Aaron is dying," which I'm sure is what your intentions were.
Star Wars is looking pretty cute.
EXPLOSION!!...in the price of lumber.
That picture of Lucas all jelly-beaned up is killing me. I now need to repeat 10 times--"I do NOT want any more babies. I do NOT want any more babies..."
Good luck to Aaron and this new phase of school.
He's a very cute baby, even in the sleeping pictures. I went to the dr today too, but my baby is only 4 lbs.
But please please please don't write, "Aaron is dying," (unless he actually is)- that really scared me!
He is sure a cute boy. And changing so fast! Here's to hoping that he starts sleeping longer and that Aaron's stress decreases!!
Fun to see you guys yesterday.
Wow! The last three posts were like true confessions from Heidi Fergsuson! Rarely do things ever go as you imagine, huh. Malachi was the first baby I ever held right after they he was delivered. With Cambria I was shaking to much and they were afraid I'd drop her. With Kiera I blacked out. Those were all V-births.
Nursing was always hard for me for the first three months- I mean stories that are horrible. But it always got better. Don't ever feel like you are a bad mom for doing one technique over the other. We all do what we need to do and the result is much the smae. You child will sleep through the night before he/she is 30 and weather you breastfeed or bottle feed- your child id fed!
Good luck and lots of love!
I can't believe Lucas is already one month...you are a super mommy! And I love the picture of Will in your shoes... it looks like he has no legs!
Wow, I haven't checked friends blogs in a while. Congratulations! He is darling.
Just like your other two siblings who commented on this post, I got momentarily scared when you said "Aaron is dying." I was just about to say "Heidi hold your tongue" and go off on a lecture about Scarlet Fever. Now you're going to have to go off and have some mushy scene with him on some bridge, after he gets better.
Candi is in labor- she wanted me to spread the word! 9:09 PM Sat night.
oh my goodness---lucas in that swaddler! i will freak out. so cute!
my sister had a baby at just about the same time as you and i think the transition from one to two is especially insane. i'm sorry, sister--i can just hear the fatigue/worn nerves in your writing.
but you have some pretty cute little munchkins to show for it!
Heidi! He is such a cutie, congratulations. The second child is the hardest. I thought it was an even harder transition from 1. But trust me, it gets soo much easier. Especially once Lucas is able to fend for himself a little.
Post a Comment