Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Zippidy-A and Heidi-Ho

There is something wrong with this blog. I seem to have skipped a few important 'blog worthy' events, such as Christmas, Will's birthday, and our anniversary. So I will rectify the situation, starting with Will's birthday. We have kind of a picture mess, meaning that our pictures are in several different locations, one of which is currently frozen and who knows if we will be able to access it. So perhaps I will blog about Christmas in July, when Arizona is hotter than Hades and we are trapped inside.

Don't tell him, but Will's 2nd birthday was really lame for him. Or wait...maybe DO tell him and maybe it was awesome. It depends on how you look at it. I didn't bake him a cake, but we did spread out the celebration over a two-week period, since we didn't know when the baby would come. So his actual birthday was a pretty sorry affair, but the weeks leading up to it were perhaps the most spoiled ones he will ever know.

One night we took him to Red Robin for a birthday dinner. He got to eat lots of fries and ketchup and got sung to and his own ice cream Sundae. And a balloon. Aaron is trying to convince Will to tell us how old he is turning.Will had a great time devouring his own personal Sundae. He never gets his own.

Another time we took him to Toys backwards R Us and let him pick out a toy. There was a buy one get one free and so he got a bunch more toys than he thought.
Then there were the multiple present-opening sessions. I was large.
And I think for his actual birthday we made him special blueberry pancakes.
He was a happy kid.

Next year will be a birthday extravaganza, since Lucas will be one and Will will be three within about a week of each other.

3 comments:

Katie Torriente: said...

wowzers- lots of birthday fun for will. those pancakes looked yummy.

ps- i'm coming to scottsdale June 17-20 (i know, horrible time to come, i'll die from heat stroke). anyway, I'd love to see you if you'll be around!!

From The Other Side of Fifty said...

Wow! That Bday pancake looks like a cake to me! Must have been fun cleaning up after that Sunday!

Amy said...

Birthday time is so much fun! Our girls' b-days are three days apart so we have a big birthday fest every year too:)