Jammin' to the tunes while I fold laundry on the bed.
Look at that perfectly round head.
All ready for church. For Father's Day, Aaron and I got a babysitter and went out to Brio on Saturday night. Sunday morning I made him blueberry/raspberry pancakes and for dinner I made him steak, potatoes, and fruit salad. I also gave him a gift card to the Olive Garden. I guess there is nothing better than the gift of good food, right? I gave my own father the promise of a dinner prepared by me during my next visit. That's also my Mother's Day gift. :)
Almost every second of our week was spent car shopping. The birth of our second child finally convinced Aaron that we need a bigger car, since our semi-truck of a double stroller nearly breaks every time we jam it in and out of the trunk. So we started the search for car #2, checking out a bunch of different options. We test-drove several small SUV type cars, which we liked, but I was unsure about the practicality of them, since we really wouldn't be gaining any seat space. We had also driven one mini-van in our price range that I liked, but still...it was a minivan. Buy a minivan and you say goodbye to the last shred of youth. We spent a long time at Toyota, where the salesmen were driving a hard bargain and did not want us to walk out the door until we bought their car. We were running out of time to make a decision, and we needed to pick up our kids from the babysitters (car shopping with a toddler and baby is NOT recommended) so Aaron stayed and I left to go get them.
It was chaos when I got there. Lucas was very fussy and Will was running around, Aaron was calling me every two seconds wanting me to make all kinds of decisions, and I was trying to gather up all the stuff we'd brought to the babysitter's house (not to mention that I was sweating buckets since it was probably around 105 degrees). Finally after I shoved ALL OUR HUD into the car and loaded up two screaming children, I called Aaron, "I want the minivan!!"
So we got it. And I have no regrets. I have fully embraced mommyhood now...Minivan and the "mom" haircut. Fortunately I have steered clear of the bathrobe, bunny slippers, and hair curlers. We are so excited to take this car on our long drives to Utah, so much room! And the best part? No longer am I stuck at home when Aaron has the car!! I have freedom! (as much as two kids with nap schedules allow.)
6 comments:
Lucas is adorable, I love your hair, and congrats on the new car!!!
Lucas is so cute Heidi! Love that he is your little baby model!
Congrats on the new car. That is awesome, and when you're the one sitting inside it with all the space, you won't care what it looks like on the outside!
I'm actually looking forward to getting a minivan. On the downward to spiral to 30, I just don't feel young anymore anyway. And I really, really miss having two cars.
Lucas is really cute. Love that round head. It's nicely shaped. I love your dress you're wearing. It's very cute.
Congratulations on the symbolic death of your youth. I do have to say, your haircut it very cute and you look fantastic. Lucas is darling.
I met your bro Kirt and his wife yesterday. We shared some small world talk as my friend did their family pictures and I shadowed her.
I'm so sad we won't be in Utah at the same time this summer :( Hopefully we can meet up soon. I'd love to meet your boys.
I know what to get Heidi for her birthday!
Your son is absolutely adorable! I love the one at the top of your blog especially. So precious. Good for you for getting the mini van! :)
Post a Comment