I was very disappointed to see that I had ZERO comments on my last post. Was it really that boring? I guess I am lacking for interesting conversation these days. Pretty much all I can think of is the stuff that's coming up in the next several weeks and then occasionally remembering that I still have homework to do.
Highlights of the week:
1. Yesterday I recruited a couple friends as well as Aaron's dad to help us move tons of boxes and the gym set over to Aaron's parents unfinished basement. What a HUGE relief it is to finally have some room in that bedroom!! I feel much less anxiety about bringing a baby home to our crowded apartment as I now have an official place to change diapers.
2. We found some takers for our apartment. That is also a relief to have one less thing to worry about. They will be moving in at the beginning of May, right after we move out, so the timing is good. They are a nice couple from our ward and so they'll be able to stay in the ward.
3. Our sister-in-law Leah had her baby on Friday night. We went and saw her and baby Alex on Saturday night and it was nice to visually pretend that that was me in the hospital bed and my baby in the hospital crib thingy. It made me feel a little more relaxed about having a baby, just being able to visualize what it might be like in the future. Of course I wasn't experiencing all the pain and whatnot that Leah was, so it might be not quite the same...
4. We had a nice Easter prime rib dinner at Aaron's parents house. This Easter was very different for me...I didn't buy any Easter candy for us or make Easter baskets because we didn't have the time or money and basically every holiday is a little different when you're pregnant and feeling sick half the time. But we took home a haul of cookies from the Fergusons.
5. I went to the doctor for my 36-week checkup and he concluded that I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. That doesn't mean too much because those numbers can either rapidly change, change slowly, or not change at all until you go into labor. But some days are still manageable, while others are pretty miserable. My biggest complaints these days are: 1) swelling in my feet and ankles, 2) carrying this huge weight is really wearing me out, 3) not sleeping well and waking up several times a night to go to the bathroom, 4) feeling sick when I eat, and 5) the pains from being poked and prodded my baby's various limbs.
So there you have it, more boring news from my life. Feel free to comment. If you don't, don't worry, I'll just cry myself to sleep, as I have these last several days.
11 comments:
Heidi!
You are getting so close. You look fantastic! It is really exciting when you can roll over again and not need 9 pillows to actually sleep.
Driel
it was fun and a pleasure to see you both on saturday, even if it meant moving boxes & weights. tracie and i both thought you look great, and aaron looks wonderful too. so excited for you having the baby soon, miss you guys a ton and hope to hang out more in the future!
Jesus loves you.
Aww, Heidi. The last bit is so hard. Emotions, and being in school, and moving all at once...just keep praying that it will work out how it should. I'll be praying for you too.
Wow I didn't realize your move was coming up so soon! Congratulations to you and Aaron on your upcoming graduations - thats a huge deal. Kurt is so jealous about Arizona, he talks about Arizona now whenever he wants to say a warm state to live in. Its funny.
What's wrong w/ Texas, KURT??? So Heidi, I didn't comment on your last blog because I gave you so mnay comments earlier on our conversation.
What, Kurt's birthstate is no longer good enough as a warm place to live?? By the by, I didn't comment on your last blog because you've been oversaturated w/ my comments via chats, phone, and email.
It seems JoEllen doesn't think much of Texas either as she is "Bonded by Boston", not Dallas, or Flower Mound, or whatever suburb she lives in.
Heidi, good luck on all your transitions - baby, AZ and graduating. Should keep you on your toes for a while.
Heidi- Don't feel bad i have only gotten 8 or something comments on my blog since i have started one. the couple of ones of my post haven't gotten any comments. i can't wait to see pictures of your baby boy went he enters the world. i found your blog through Janae's
Katie Anderson
i'm happy for leah and johnny. that is great. little baby alex. maybe i'll get to see him this summer when i visit good old utah. glad someone is moving into the apt.
Pity comments still count as comments. When in doubt, get your spouse to comment. I know some people who have post after post after post with no comments, yet they still keep bloggin' away. I admire those people. Nobody loves them, but they still feel the need to let those nobodies know what they're up to.
Post a Comment