Friday, March 28, 2008

Hi, it's George...I got nuthin to say.

Sorry my posts have been pretty dull lately...my mind doesn't seem to be working and I can't think of interesting things to talk about. Here are a few tidbits from the last few days.

-I went to the doctor today and he said that I am dilated a little more than 1 cm and am 65% effaced. Last week I was 1 cm and 50% effaced so maybe this baby is just sinking lower and lower but not gonna come out for awhile. Yippee.
-On Monday I started having these contractions that kept getting stronger and stronger and they were spaced about 15 minutes apart. I was really starting to stress that it could be happening...I could be going into labor and I also realized how incredibly NOT ready I was at that time. After two hours, they stopped.
-The next day, I took care of a LOT of stuff and now I feel more ready.
-Something a little more exciting is this: my brother Bruce called me and told me that his wife Michelle had a baby GIRL this afternoon, named Mika. Congrats to them!
-I had donuts in Spanish class today...again. I have never had a semester so full of donuts.
-I got a lot of homework done this week and now I only have a few assignments left...forever!!!!

Wow, that's pretty much it. Life is pretty mundane...at least for now.

3 comments:

M said...

WOW! Only a few more weeks to go and you'll be a momma AND a college graduate!! So exciting!!

Katie Torriente: said...

I think you need to hurry and pop the baby out so i can see him before you move!!

Kent said...

I would have to say that one of the best feelings in the world is walking out of your last final, seeing the "75" next to your student ID and knowing that you did well enough to pass and that's all that matters because you're done with school FOREVER!!! So you have that to look forward to. I can still remember walking out of that testing center for the last time and the feeling of a huge weight of my shoulders for the REST OF MY LIFE. I imagine that is what retirement is like. Only 40 years to go for that one.

School was great and all, but after a while I got so sick of it. I sure hope I never have to go again. I'm sure not planning on it.