So today was not a great day for me...
I have developed this very fun condition called PUPPS, which stands for Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques. Basically, and this might sound a little gross, but it's a really HORRIBLE rash on my pregnant belly. I say horrible more because it itches like crazy and I honestly sometimes don't know how I can deal with it!! And basically the only way to get rid of it is to have the baby. So yay.
So anyways, the rash had been getting worse and worse over the last few days and so this morning I called the doctor to find out if this was a danger sign. The nurse told me to go get a non-stress test at the hospital. So I did. But the nurse also said if the test was positive they would deliver the baby. I was a little nervous and excited that we could have the baby today!! But deep down I knew it would be fine and we wouldn't have the baby today.
We went and the nurse was really nice, strapped me up to the fetal heart monitor and the contraction measuring thingy and tried to monitor the baby's heart rate for awhile. Well, for some reason, our baby was incredibly active at the time and she couldn't get a very clear reading so she measured a bunch of other stuff and did an ultrasound. To our not-so-pleasant surprise, we discovered that our baby is head up, or breech. (You usually deliver a baby that is breech by a C-section in case you didn't know) That was really surprising to me because just on Friday the doctor said the baby was head down. However, I have a ton of amniotic fluid so there's a pretty good chance he'll flip again or the doctor will be able to flip him. We still have two more weeks until the due date, so I'm thinking we'll be fine. But you never know!!
2 comments:
Wow. That sounds a little nerve-wracking. I guess that explains all of the itchiness. Sorry you can't get any relief from anything.
As you can tell, I'm catching up on my blogs. Anyway, I didn't understand any of that pregnant stuff as hard as I tried. I'm kinda stupid like that.
Post a Comment