Tuesday, April 22, 2008

There ain't no bugs on me

It seems that ever since I came home from the hospital, I have had a song stuck in my head ever since. Today I woke up with that girl's camp song "The Lord said to Noah, there's gonna be a floody floody..." and now I have the song that Randy Disher writes on Monk when he temporarily quits being a cop. Earlier songs this week included the Band-Aid commercial "I'm stuck on band-aids cuz band-aids stuck on me," the Campbell's "possibilities" song, and other choice commercial jingles. It's really annoying.
As you can tell, I'm pretty desperate for things to blog about. I want to blog so badly but I have no ideas. My life is still the same--crazy and tiring trying to figure out how to deal with a newborn (although each day gets a tiny bit easier)
Anyways, I'm pretty excited for Wednesday to be over. Why? you might ask. Well because after Wednesday I will FINALLY for the first time in about two years, have a husband who doesn't have homework to do or dental school stuff to worry about. Sure, there's Christmas vacation, but that doesn't count because it's such a huge time for decompression that by the time we are relaxed enough to be sane, school starts up again. Unfortunately, we will only have about three months of break and during that time we will move twice and have a bunch of details to take care of but STILL! Aaron is very excited, as am I.
Well, this is the lamest blog entry to boot, so I'll just stop here.

6 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Rise and Shine and Give God your Glory Glory! :)

kurt said...

That's one of my favorite episodes of Monk. Randy trying to bash on the captain through his music was hilarious. Lots of great Randy moments in that episode.

Amy said...

Hi, I am Aaron's cousin Amy. I found your blog from Johhny's link. Congrats on your beautiful boy. I have a gift to mail you. Those first two pictures you posted look exactly like Aaron! I couldn't believe it. I know it is so hard to be a mom in the early days. You wonder if you'll ever feel rested again. But enjoy every second of that baby because time passes much too quickly. I am very excited for you two!

Kent said...

That was one of the 10 Monk episodes I've seen, and a good one at that. Randy is easily the best character.

There's nothing worse than having an annoying song stuck in your head. I usually have the opening song from Monk stuck in mine "It's a Jungle Out there". I like to sing it with my nose plugged just to annoy Mel.

JoEllen said...

Hey, I talked w/ my friend Debbie formerly McArthur yesterday. She lives in AZ and has had 5 count'em 5 VBACs and has tons of Dental Students in their ward, look them up! BTW I found a bag of 0-3 month clothes today from Rewa (translation: like new) and now that I can't use em, I'll send them to you.
Haven't seen that Monk yet.

Kristie said...

Heidi,
How was graduation? How is your baby? I would love to hear more details about life as a mom. . you know the gory details that Kent and Kurt hate. What are your nights like? What about the days? When I had Anna, I remember I would sing the silliest camp songs all the time. Is there something about having a baby, (and perhaps the lack of sleep) that make you do and sing things you normally wouldn't say or sing?