Okay so I know that several days have gone by since I last blogged, but the way that time is going right now, it might as well have been yesterday!!
Being home with a newborn baby, recovering from a C-Section when your husband keeps pulling all-nighters to finish his homework and finals is not as easy as it sounds. Thank goodness for mothers and others!! My mom and mother-in-law have both been great helps to us this week, as well as my best friend Shera and all the wonderful siblings and ward members who have made us dinners or offered their assistance. We definitely would not have survived.
The hardest part right now is...actually I can't decide. It's a tie between trying to figure out Will's very strange eating/sleeping habits and having to get up at night for several hours at a time. I for sure thought that the end of my pregnancy would kind of prepare me for this getting up at night since I was getting up so much to go to the bathroom, but no. When you go to the bathroom at night, you rarely spend two hours in the bathroom trying to get yourself to fall back asleep.
As for Will's strange eating and sleeping habits: he will spend one day sleeping pretty much non-stop to the point where he is virtually impossible to rouse just to eat. Then, right when you're convinced you have a 'sleepy baby', he spends the next day awake pretty much all day and wants to eat ALL THE TIME. It's hard to keep up!!
Today was my first day with NO help (except for the delectable dinner that my sister-in-law made for us) and it was pretty challenging and tiring. Especially because Aaron had to cram for a final and couldn't really take time to help out too much. But I'm proud to say that I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, gave Will a bath, gave myself a shower and a nap, fed Will for several hours and then spent another several hours trying to get him to take his own naps. Needles to say, I'm pretty exhausted. Now how on earth we're going to go to church tomorrow is another story...
Ok, enough about the baby since I know some people can't stand baby information (although when he has a baby of his own, he will understand!) Since I'm graduating from college next week, I have been thinking about my education and which teachers have left an imprint on me, regardless of whether or not he or she was actually a good teacher. Here are some things I remember:
1. Mrs. Adams: kindergarten teacher. Always played the accordion to us.
2. Mrs. Robinson: 1st grade teacher. Everyone said she was a 'witch' because she totally looked like one. Made us do lame exercises and singing programs which caused us to miss Orchard Elementary's Field Day, which incidentally, I don't think I ever went to because something always made me miss it. Usually because I was on Track A, which got out early for the summer.
3. Mrs. Baldwin: Not actually bald, like everyone thought. But a little odd. We spend an awful lot of time in the singing room.
4. Ms. Shumway: Very happy and nice with her co-teacher Mrs. Titemore. Terribly scary though when she'd come up behind you and put her long nails on your neck and watched you work. Kicked me out of her 'smart' math class and put me in Mrs. Titemore's 'dumb' math class.
5. Ms. Nelson, 4th: probably my favorite elementary teacher because she let us draw a lot.
6. Mrs. Corry, 5th: meh
7. Mr. Barlow, 6th: Yelled at our class to shutup pretty much every day. Introduced me to Greek Mythology, which I still like.
Now, in no particular order, teachers from jr. high and high school:
8. Mr. Davis: orchestra teacher, was pretty cool at times but pretty much a skinny and geeky Simon Cowell. He's retiring this year.
9. Mr. Johanson: English teacher. Always joked about halitosis (bad breath) and had it himself. I talked a LOT in that class.
10. Mr. Ramstedt: Pretty cool history teacher...like a big kid. Salem witch trials (I was the judge)
11. Mr. Downs: high school English: much more like Simon Cowell than Mr. Davis. Hates grape bubble gum...loves Fresca. Explications (pointless). Quotes: "That yawn was so big you could drive a truck down it!" "Stop doing that, you're giving me a rash."
12. Ms. Shaw: high school math: full of stories, she could have her own sitcom. Collects, well, everything. I aced this class.
13. Mr. Jensen: high school calculus. A very old and incredibly nice teacher. Reminds me of Phil Bunker. I was always able to talk my grades up. Actually did such a great job of teaching calculus that I ended up liking it more than any other math.
As for college, I never really got to know any professor all that well. I had several great Comms professors, but never became their 'bud'. It's fine...I'm over it. Sniff!!
All in all, I'm glad I stuck it out, but MAN...I am glad to be done!
7 comments:
i normall skim long posts, but i miss you so much that i just had to read it.
and don't worry i'm liking the baby updates. :)
I was laughing at some of these teachers...i can't believe a teacher would make her class miss field day! so cruel.
I am eating up all your baby information! Have a great last week of school!!!
I just realized Will looks like Allan Bailey. Only in the top picture on the previous post. Avery, dip!
Here's another Mr. Downs quote: "whining! In stereo!" You should have included some Mr. Johanson ones too, like how about all of those lame jokes?
I had Miss Nelson too. She gave us a banana split party when our whole class memorized the times tables, and my spelling improved tenfold in the class with her letter writing. That and she taught me to roller skate.
yeah I remember she taught you to rollerskate because you wrote me a letter and said that you started crying or something and she asked if you were crying and you said, 'no, my eyes are sweating!'
I love the baby update. I'm glad that you and Will are doing okay. I hope Aaron is surviving.
Yay! Heidi's done with college! It's a great and rewarding feeling though it does come with some bittersweetness.
Okay, I'm the one who hates baby updates. Well, not really, if it's family. But only so much. But chicks dig that crap and they dominate the blog world so I guess I have to learn to deal with it. So I congratulate Heidi for sticking it out and giving us something different.
I didn't have most of those Jr High/High School people, but I had most of the Orchard ones. I forgot about Shumway's big scary nails! And of course I was always in the smart class, which means I never had Wardrop/Titemore.
Post a Comment