I love Marilla. She reminds me so much of my mom. And I particularly love when she has to live with Rachel Lynn and is constantly annoyed by her. Aaron and I have been watching Anne of Green Gables and I've never really realized how completely ridiculous Anne sounds sometimes, it's pretty funny.
I was working on this 'tag' post, but I couldn't think of 25 things about myself and it was making me tired...like a chore, so that's on hold. Sorry, Alicia. For this post, I will just simply write about the last week.
Life with a Newborn (Take notes, Kurt)
Rule #1: No more getting sleep. You must wake up several times a night to feed and change the baby and beg him to get back to sleep. That's the hardest part...the getting him back to sleep. Aaron and I have been taking turns getting up with him, otherwise I have no idea how I'd survive. Fortunately Will is not a huge crier and only cries during diaper changes and when he's hungry. Oh yes, and when he has gas. Aaron likes to make up songs to sing to calm Will down, but I prefer to silently mutter under my breath.
Rule #2: Forget about keeping a schedule. Your new schedule is this: do whatever the baby wants, whether it's feeding him (even though he just barely ate for the last 2 hours), or staying awake (even though you desperately want to sleep or take a shower.) Which brings me to rule #3...
Rule #3: Forget about looking 'so good.' It's all I can do to just take a shower and comb my hair. I set a record this week though, I did my hair twice! in a row. Needles to say, I am quickly starting to look like the stereotypical housewife, minus the curlers in my hair.
That's all the rules I have, because pretty much everything else is out the window. Life is as my brother Bruce said, 'survival mode.' I am really looking forward to when he can figure out a schedule, but I know that that also means my little baby will be growing up too...He's the best.
Aaron and I graduated on Friday too, and I'll write more about that soon when I have time to put pictures up and stuff. Well, Anne and Gilbert finally hooked up, so I'd better go to bed now. Except that Will will be waking up in a few minutes. Sigh!
6 comments:
don't worry- when he's like six months old you'll finally feel sort of like yourself again:) mean, but true. hope you are surviving! we'll have to try and see that little baby when we're in utah this summer, if you guys are still there.
Don't worry Heidi - it gets better. Unless it doesn't. And it might not. But it probably will. At least until you have another kid.
It's definitely worse when you have a second one. Because when you finally get the baby to sleep then you have to deal with the older child who never sleeps at the same time as the baby. Actually the first one was pretty hard for me. With the second one my expectations were lower. Although I never got over my desire to get a reasonable amount of sleep.
During all the hard moments I always say to myself, "This too shall pass." It always helped to think of these times as challenging phases rather than "oh, crap it will be this way forever!" Sunnie is right though, It takes a good 6 months, but things do improve at 6 weeks, then again at 3 months, hang in there!
One is the easiest, but you don't know that until you've had another:)
heeyy found ya'lls blog :)
anyhoo i finally made one for us and just wanted to send you guys the link. hope all is well with will and you two!
leahandjohn.blogspot.com
One great site about Anne and Gilbert..and photos of Marilla is WWW.AnneAndGilbert.Com about the musical
Post a Comment