Thanks to everyone for your support, you have all helped so much to calm my worries and fears. There's nothing quite like pregnancy that brings women who have had babies together. I've realized during this last 9 months that there really is no way to truly understand what it's like until you go through it yourself.
Now, onto the news:
I went to the hospital this morning at 7:30 and pleasantly got poked with many needles, large and small. And a vein burst, which doesn't feel good. Then at about 8:30, wonderful Dr. Broberg came in to attempt the flip. It was a very weird and uncomfortable feeling...lots of pressure and pain at some points. They tried several times to get him to move, but to no avail. He was settled too far down in my pelvis to move. Fortunately nothing happened to him, he still seems healthy and active. Oh yes, and they gave me this drug to relax my uterus but it made me so incredibly shaky I felt like I had Parkinson's or something. And now I am absolutely worn out and still pretty shaky.
And now here's the plan: We are going to schedule a C-Section for next Friday, April 11th. There is still a chance he could flip before then, and they'll check right before they cut me anyway. However, because of the PUPPS, the doctor said that I could be induced next Friday anyway if he does flip. So one way or another, I am having a baby next weekend!
Note: Yes, that does mean that my son will now hold the record for closest cousin, to Mika, who was born on the 28th. :)
Now I have 7 days to finish my homework, take my finals, and make all last-minute preparations for a new baby. I'm really excited though...there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
8 comments:
Yay! So nice to have a finish line in sight. Also nice to know how much time (approximately) you have to get all your work done. But a warning: try to get it done sooner rather than later, Matthew still surprised me when we thought he'd make it to 37 weeks.
We'll be thinking of you. Good luck over the next week.
We'll be thinking of you. Good luck over the next week.
SAS Creative Marketing
I'm so sorry about the flip trauma! I hope that everything goes smoothly next week...no matter how this baby chooses to come out!
I had the rash too towards the end with Sara, only it was ALL over my body- lots of fun!! Try benedryl creme, it was WONDERFUL for me. Hope everything goes well.
Wow! Good luck! That's nice that you have an idea of when he's coming now! Hope everything goes well!
Good luck Heidi! I'm glad you're ok. You sound so brave.
yay!! That is so crazy that you will be having the little bebe this week! Wooo whoo, and good luck.
Post a Comment