Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chirpy Boy

It's the end of Day 3 here at the hospital and I am feeling a lot better than I was on Friday, but I have a very long way to go until I'm good as new. The pain mostly occurs when I stand up at first and then when I've been standing or walking for a few minutes. Unfortunately, the itching seems to have returned...grr. Maybe it's just from being in a hospital bed all day with the dry hospital air. Aaron and I are LOVING being parents. It really is an experience that you can't understand until it happens to you. It's funny because tons of people I know are having kids all the time and sure, it's a great experience, but you just don't think about all the joy that it has brought those parents.
We have had lots of visitors at the hospital and every minutes seems to be filled with something to do: trying to walk, trying to nap, trying to feed Will, eating meals, taking meds, burping Will, directing people to change Will's diaper (you know I would do it myself, but I really just can't...darn) and/or entertaining visitors. It's crazy. I've had to give myself an extra day in the hospital just to recover from all the work! But seriously, we've been fortunate to have Aaron's mom staying here with us during the day and being my slave...it's amazing.
Now I know you're all dying to see pictures because I am dying to show some! But I think the problem lies in the hospital internet, it doesn't let me post picture or email them or anything. So I will definitely post a ton when I get home on Tuesday. In the meantime, rest assured that Will is the cutest thing on earth...honestly sometimes I want to kill myself he's so cute. And he's very expressive. The thing he loves the most is to sleep and sometimes he wants to sleep so much that eating is just such a hassle. He says "Just give me enough to tide me over" and then falls asleep mid-burp. The reason for the subject "Chirpy Boy" is because Will makes this little squeaks all the time for no reason. I know it sounds corny, but I feel like I'm living in a dream world. Which, I kind of am considering the amount of sleep I get. And I will only get less after we leave the hospital and stuff, but I'm pretty excited for all the new challenges that await. Well, I suddenly got overwhelmed with sleepiness myself, so I'd better go to bed. Tune it next time for "Heidi, Aaron, and Will Head Home!"

3 comments:

Alice H said...

That was such a nice blog. I'm so happy you're sharing all of this with us Heidi. And Kurt and I are SOOOO excited that we'll get to see you and the fam before you leave in July. Good luck on your last hospital day!

Sunnie said...

i can't wait to see pics. i bet libby is a great gma to little will. and i know how you feel with so many visitors. when we had elle it was like one after another. it was tiring especially because you're still trying to figure out how to be a mom and all.

Kent said...

It seems to me that parents MUST have a lot of love for their kids cause being a parent just seems really tiring and the only way you could do it every day for the rest of your life is if you were motivated by love. If that's not the case, I'm screwed and my kids will have to get jobs by the time they're 5.