Thursday, May 22, 2008

Me and the Tube

Heidi's Favorite TV Shows and the Reasons Behind Them. Don't Judge Me.
(not in order of likingness)

New Shows
1. Ugly Betty: Always good for a laugh and full of drama. Nary a week goes by that I don't gasp.
2. The Office: Obvious reasons
3. Scrubs: Started watching this when my little brother started downloading them on his computer and then I got hooked and had a small crush on Zach Braff. Plus we have the same taste in music.
4. My Name is Earl: A little raunchy, but this show is hilarious. Especially Randy. Give white trash a chance.
5. One Tree Hill: First I liked it because it was a guilty pleasure teenage drama, but now I'm just used to the characters. I just like it.
6. Heroes: Despite the fact that no one can ever bring down the bad guy, it's a very interesting show and I like the actor who plays Peter Petrelli.
7. House: Hugh Laurie, duh.
8. Monk: I cannot explain my deep intricate connection that I feel with Monk. Ok, he's like my brother Brian. Except for the solving murder mysteries part. But seriously, Monk is awesome.
9. Psych: Shawn is hilarous and Gus is even more hilariouser. That's all there is to it.
10. Reaper: delivering escaped demons back to hell when not working at the Home Depotesque store and working with the game show host devil...pure hilarity.

Reruns
1. Seinfeld: So many good lines! My favorite one:
Jerry: I think they tend to give those jobs to ex-ball players and people, you know, IN broadcasting.
George: Well that's really not fair.
2. Simpsons...only the old ones though
3. King of Queens: I first hated this show because of all the yelling, but I have soon come to recognize Kevin James as one of the fine young talents of this generation. He is the best actor out of the comedians-turned-actors.
4. Spin City: Only when Michael J Fox is on it. And the guy who plays Paul is hilarious. This show was made by the same guy who makes Scrubs so all the Spin City actors have guest starred on Scrubs at least once. Except Nikki.
5. Dharma and Greg: HA! just kidding. This show is incredibly annoying.
6. Friends: I guess I'll have to put this on my list because I used to watch it all the time but now I rarely do.
7. Gilmore Girls: From Scrubs:
JD: Turk, can you believe Lorelei? She just makes me so mad!
Turk: They talk so fast, but they talk so true.

What can I say...I watch too much TV.

3 comments:

Nate said...

you can't beat scrubs (and the world most giant doctor) and one tree hill. although, we wish one tree hill would end. We are addicted to it, even though we don't really like it. We just have to find out what happens. Why won't they just cancel it and give us back our monday night?

Austin said...

Heidi, you truly have great taste in TV. But I recommend "Arrested Development." it's my new favorite! (true it's cancelled, but the dvds are hi-freakin-larious!)

Kent said...

I have all the Scrubs songs, purchased from iTunes.

I tried getting into Reaper, watched the first few episodes, but found myself getting bored. Same as "Psych". Those formulaic shows bore me after a while.