Wednesday, May 28, 2008

From Ab to Flab in 9 Months or Less!

I don't ever have much to write about these days. However, here is a brief recap of the last several days:
Aaron's brother Dave and his wife Rachel came to visit this last weekend. It was fun having them here, although not as fun being crammed into the living room with our loud sleeper, Will. But we did lots of stuff with them and had many evenings of chatting and whatnot. We wish we could visit with them more often!
For Memorial Day, Aaron and I were going to go to the annual Hansen Graveyard BBQ as I call it (we visit my Grandpa's grave at the cemetary and then always have a BBQ afterwards) but the weather was cold and rainy. Actually when I woke up I had had one of the worst nights to date with Will, getting about 2 hours of sleep, and therefore was quite relieved to hear that the cemetary part was cancelled and we'd just do an indoor BBQ at my parents house. So we went to that and then hung out with the Fergusons the rest of the day. By the way, it was also me and Aaron's 2 year anniversary. It was kind of a bummer that we couldn't celebrate it on the actual day, especially since Aaron had the day off work anyway, but since family was here, we are going to celebrate it next week by going to the temple and then having a date in SLC.
My reflections on the last year of our marriage: It has been really hard at times but also better than it's ever been. I feel like Aaron truly is the best friend I have in the world...we have laughed so hard sometimes and had a lot of fun together. Especially since having the baby, our sleep-deprivation really makes things a lot funnier!
Last summer was the hardest time, with Aaron trying to apply for dental school and take the DAT, that is one of the most taxing times! We never had a spare minute to just chill...he was always studying or writing application essays. Any of our friends will know just how busy he was since we never hung out with anyone and it was the summer! But as I have learned, marriage cannot survive without a lot of patience and prayer. Another really hard time was when Will was born: Aaron was doing finals and I was recovering from surgery as well as having a newborn to take care of. And as I have learned with that, we could never EVER have made it without the help of mothers and other family and friends who helped out and made meals and whatnot. I decided that having a baby is one of the times when you really learn who your friends are!
This year of marriage was better than the last and we have grown our little family and increased the love overall. I love you Aaron and thanks for being a wonderful husband and an amazing father. Here is a picture of how we have changed:
I love that picture of Will. Speaking of which, he is growing up! He is getting past the 'baby adolescent' phase where he has acne and is all secretive and moody, and is starting to smile and play with us! Tonight we were changing him into his pajamas and tickling his little bare tummy and he was smiling so much! He is such a handsome boy. And he gave me the greatest present last night...he slept from 9:30 until 6:30 waking up only one time at around 3:30 and going back to sleep at 4:30. Now this may still not sound ideal, but wow, I was amazed. Usually he wakes up at like 3:00 and then doesn't sleep very well at all after that, waking up like every 15 minutes until we finally just give up and get up for the day. I am praying that it is not just a one-night thing.
Now you're probably wondering, geez this is a freaking long post and I have yet to read about her flabby abs! Well, wait no more because here it is: I have managed to lose most of my pregnancy weight except for (as most mothers will attest) those last stubborn 10 pounds. And I really am not sure how to get rid of it! Any advice? Since I had a C-Section, it has been very hard to exercise, even walking can be hard if I do it for a while. I have started walking every day and it is so much harder than I thought it would be! But I am excited to get back into shape, especially since I don't have to squeeze a workout into the early-morning-I'm-too-tired-I'll-start-tomorrow slot or the after-work-too-tired-to-do-anything slot. Aaron is going to set up some gym equipment for us and also once the weather warms up (if that ever happens) I want to start doing laps in the pool. But here is where I want all you mothers to speak up and dish out any advice for getting rid of the inner tube.

5 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

Will is so super cute! And, I love your new Hair Cut! You look great with the bands like that!

Katie Torriente: said...

Hey Heidi- cute post and love your pictures. Anyway, i've never had to loose "post baby" fat since i have no babies, but i'm am on a diet right now that might work. I've only been doing it 2 weeks and i've lost 8 lbs. But i'm not sure if you could do it if you're breast feeding. Anyway, I'll send you an email about it. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Time helps a lot--give yourself a few more months.

Sunnie said...

it takes like 6-8 months for it to all go away, at least for me. except third time around- the tube is still kicking, not going away unfortunately. i have no advice because i like to eat junk food. i do run, not as long as i should, but it's better than nothing. and happy anniversary. i wondered how dave and rachel were doing. glad to hear about them.

Kent said...

2 words: Ab-Abber Two-thousand. All you need is a sharpie.