Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Now I Can Have My Life Back

Thoughts and Musings on American "Graven Image"
Tonight we were disappointed to learn that little Mormon and Utah-native David Archuleta did not win American Idol. I said, 'Maybe Heavenly Father doesn't want us worshipping false idols." It was kind of funny to see how mad Aaron's dad got. He said he would terminate all of his employees who voted for David Cook. Well, both Davids are good in their own ways, although I think Archuleta has a better singing voice and is more versatile...I just got so sick of the scratchy rock-n-roll sound. Cook did great when he sang "The Music of the Night" which showed he could do some beautiful songs too. But whatever, they'll both become huge stars. Utah was insane about Archuleta though. There was "David Day" when he came back to visit Utah and sang the National Anthem at the Arena-Formerly-Known-As-The-Delta-Center for the Jazz game. It was so funny to watch "Baby Face" Archuleta become this larger than life star. He always just seemed so incredulous at all the crowds and star treatment he was getting. I had a dream on Tuesday morning that I was chosen to sing with Archuleta during the final 2 and so I met him and he was a jerkstore, which is so weird since he's Mr Smiley in real life. Ryan Seacrest is so short! And what a retarded thing that Simon did...retracting his praise to Archuleta by claiming to not be fair, but really being quite obvious that he didn't want to appear that he made the wrong prediction.
Overall, it was an enjoyable season but I'm glad that it's over.

2 comments:

Kent said...

I can't wait until American Idol goes off the air. I will celebrate that day going forward. No more karaoke on TV. Unfortunately, this won't happen until 2043, but what an occasion that will be!

Thanks for finally posting, the blog world's been a mess without you.

kurt said...

Everyone in the family is so shocked by how into Idol I was this season. I can say I watched from the time it became the top 24, and I followed David Archuleta from then, I wasn't a bandwagoner. It was really cool to see how far Brooke and David went. I knew Cook deserved it, though. He simply had much more versatility and a personality than Archuleta. But I voted for Archuleta every week several times. Again, very shocking. Having said all that, I probably won't watch Idol again. Back to the NBA Playoffs...