Monday, May 25, 2009

My Little Troublemaker

My son...where to begin? He is more than a handful these days. He is endearing and frustrating. But he takes after his cousin Max in one area...mischief making. He hasn't discovered the toilets yet, thank goodness (helps that we rarely let him go in the bathroom) but he finds plenty of ways to get into trouble. And there are only a few select places left in our front living area that he can't yet reach. I swear, that kid has Stretch Armstrong arms because he can reach everything!
Here's a little sample of the latest happenings...
Will was playing in his room one morning when I heard a crash. I went to see what it was and found this. Who thought that my little 13-month-old baby could tip over a 4-drawer dresser? Someone up there is watching over my kid because this is the second time something like this has happened this week. We're bolting the dressers to the walls.Will is an expert at making messes. He also feels that it is his duty to make sure all decorative pillows are safely on the floor. AND he chews on everything in sight, sharpening his teeth. We have visible bite marks all over our ottoman. Fortunately, along with all the trouble making, he is becoming very independent. He loves to drink water out of this full-sized water bottle and is actually very skilled at it and drinks it with very little spillage. He eats his snacks like a little gentleman. So while he can still make some great messes, his eating and drinking is definitely becoming more refined.
He also babbles nonstop but seems to understand a lot of what I say and can imitate me very well. He gets so excited about things and shrieks and giggles like crazy. The kid has endless energy. I promise this video is worth watching the whole way through.

A new thing he learned to do was climb up on the couch. For some reason, he LOVES to be on the couch and couldn't wait for us to pull him up onto the couch so he decided to get there on his own.

It was time for a haircut. I pulled out the clippers and automatically set it up for the way I cut Aaron's hair. And before I realized my mistake, there was a line of very short buzzed hair down my son's head. So he got his first buzz. Does he look like a hairless baby or a kid with a buzz?

In other news, Aaron and I celebrated our 3-year anniversary this weekend. The actual day is tomorrow, the 26th, but that's a Tuesday and everyone knows you can't celebrate on a Tuesday. Except for maybe Mardi Gras. Anyway, we got a babysitter and drove way up north to northern Scottsdale to eat at this restaurant called Sassi. It was an Italian restaurant, but I have to say, I think our expectations were too high for the food. Where we sat was really nice, on the balcony with a view of their wedding courtyard and the valley.

We got a margarita pizza, caprese salad, some sort of spinach pasta dealie and a rigatoni dish. And they gave us a free cannoli dessert to celebrate our anniversary. The caprese salad (below) doesn't look all that great in the picture but it was really awesome. I love caprese salad. Mmmm.
It was a ton of food and a long drive, but very romantic and just what we wanted for our anniversary. When I get to go on a date with Aaron without Will it totally recharges me for the next week. It's been a wonderful three years together and I look forward to an eternity more. I love you, Aaron!

4 comments:

Kent said...

I love the buzz, he needs to be slobbered by Kurt. Also, he needs to be praised for his resourcefulness.

gary_hansen@byu.edu said...

I think the buzz makes Will look older and more mature.

mandy said...

I love the silly stage. He is a funny kid and his new haircut makes me want to rub his head. Happy anniversary!

Kirstie said...

what a fun anniversary!! that place looks so nice!! i loves wills new hair cut, i don't know why, but i love little kids with buzzed heads!