If anyone can name that quote I will give you a million dollars. We'll have to work out some kind of loan, but I promise I'll get you the money.
Several of you have been utterly disappointed/worried with me over these last few weeks that I have been neglecting my blog. Some people came out of the woodworks just to find out what my deal was. It's interesting that blogs are supposed to be a way to stay in touch, but tend to become a way to get lazy about having an actual real relationship. For your information, there is actually a lot about me and my life that I don't post on my blog, so if you want to know about that, you will have to work a little harder. So there. And what WAS my deal? I just got sick of blogging. Every once in awhile I like to lay low in the tech world. And it was a nice break. And now I'm back.
That last few weeks have been somewhat busy. It got unbearably hot all of a sudden, in the low 100's every day. And that hasn't changed since. So the heat is officially here and you all can look forward to the next 6 months of my complaining about it.
I guess the biggest news is that my best friend Shera came to visit us for 4 days, which was so fun. We spent many hours talking and hanging out but also did some fun things like shopping, eating out, and swimming. We also got tickets to go see the Chihuly exhibit at Desert Botanical Gardens. Chihuly is the most famous glass blower in the world and has done pieces you might know as the ceiling at the Bellagio and the thingy in front of Abravanel Hall. Anyway, it was fun and the art was amazing. Shera is about 20 weeks pregnant with her first baby, a girl, so we had lots of fun shopping and making things for her. I love my boy, but girls are always more fun to shop for. And as always, she took some beautiful pictures for us. She is my favorite photographer, and I realized the other day that every photograph on my walls has been taken by her. I was sad to see her go back home, but happy to know I will see her again in just a month or so. All the pictures are in a slideshow at the end since there were a lot.
Aaron and I have been able to spend a lot of time together lately, since he hasn't had to study as much. His classes have been mostly just clinical now, which is still stressful because they have a lot to accomplish in little time. But Aaron is finding a new appreciation for the things I do, saying things like, "cooking is a lot like dentistry," and "crafts are a lot like dentistry" and then explains why. Anyway, Aaron is really getting into cooking now and I really love having him in the kitchen with me. He brought home this recipe for cinnamon rolls from one of his teachers who also went on the food network. He was very meticulous about every step and was very worried when I actually took the liberty of not measuring out the flour precisely. But it was dough, come on. They turned out really good, and we spent the majority of today running around giving them away because we had way too many. It's nice to have another thing we can do together. Especially since we don't always have the money to go on a date, it's fun to make dinner together at home.
Will has been a very silly little boy lately. He loves to copy me, especially when I clear my throat. It's like having Dad at home. Except when he copies me he sounds more like a dinosaur. He loves when we chase him around and says "hi" to everyone he sees. This has resulted in many a fun trip to Sprouts, which is frequented by many an elderly person who take delight in Will's smiley and friendly demeanor. He also loves to scream in a very hoarse way, which I don't understand how it doesn't hurt his throat since he does it so much. But on the flip side of his cheeriness, he seems to have already entered the Terrible Twos a year early and therefore frequently throws tantrums or fake cries, which we are learning to ignore or deal with.
That is all for us right now, but I promise to be back to my regular blogging self for a good long while.


13 comments:
Huh. Don't know the quote. Sounds familiar.
hi friend, cute photos. You NEED to check out the wedding blog "kenzikate.blogspot.com". Look at that eyelet jacket. See through? - yeah. Awesome? - absolutely.
p.s. call me when you get a chance.
That glass art is really cool looking.
Will is getting so big. I think he looks more and more like you all the time.
I'm glad you could have a fun visit with Shera.
You had blogged so regularly that when you stopped I figured you were dead. I had a funeral for you and everything. Now it's just awkward, kind of like when you say goodbye to someone but then they still hang around for a while. LEAVE ALREADY!
But I guess now that you're not dead, you can stay.
Welcome back. I really love the pictures your friend took. So sweet. Also, I really want one million dollars but not even google could tell me what that quote is from.
it's okay to take a break. it's good sometimes. i like going on vacations because i can take a break from blogging. glad to have you back!
i would like to know how blogging is like dentistry, haha!! and i don't think i could handle the heat! we were in arizona for 3 days and i feel like all i did was sweat!
I think the quote sounds like Mom. I also think it's perfectly acceptable to have some relationships via blogs, although ours is not one of them.
Your blog is so cute. I enjoyed reading all the stuff you have done lately. Very cool!
sounds like Homestar Runner...
Wow, Will looks a ton like Aaron now! Thanks for the update. I've been neglecting my blog, too, so it's understandable. I'm glad Aaron has been having more free time. Jimmy starts school in less than three months!
I just thought maybe you were deathly ill or something and we'd hear about it later. And isn't marshmallow spelled with 2 a's? Sorry--I have to be vigilant on correct spelling.
Post a Comment