Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Don't you wanna go where everybody knows your name

August is dragging on. It has always been a least-favorite month of mine, but living in Arizona has brought it up to #1 most dreadful month. Too hot to do ANYTHING outside, even go swimming. But unfortunately I still spend a good amount of time outside each day due to The Boy (the 3rd) going stir-crazy. So we broke down and got Will one of his Christmas presents early: This is a water table. It's a pretty great toy, although we've moved it to the deck and Will requires me to be out there playing with him. It's great though because I don't have to change him into his swimming suit or anything to use it. And it has forced me to sweep the deck.

Other activities include: 1) coloring (when not eating the crayon)
Do not disturb the Master at work.
2) Dress-up. I don't have a daughter, I needed someone to try on this skirt I made, so voila! Don't worry, he only wore it for a minute.
3) Reading. And Will LOVES to read the book I made for him for his birthday, the one about him with pictures of him. He loves seeing Froggy in the pictures and says "choo choo" whenever he sees him on the train.

In other news, I finally opened my shop on Etsy.com! It's called HoneyBear Lane, which sounds a little corny, but it's baby stuff I'm selling and since Will is my little Bear and he used to say "Honey" all the time, that's how I'm okay with it. If you want to look at my shop go to Etsy.com and change the search bar to "Sellers" and type in HoneyBearLane. I don't have very many things there yet since I just started, but I'm slowly adding stuff. I'm going to participate in a giveaway with some other shops, so hopefully that will give me some exposure.

Here is the finished product of Shera's quilt and crib skirt. I'm doing some bedding now for my sister-in-law and I'm so excited, it's going to be so cute. I will probably start posting my crafts and projects on my craft blog, if I can motivate myself to do it. It took forever just to get my Etsy shop going.

13 comments:

Kent said...

It finally got hot here and I can't even take it. The longer I'm in Boston, the more I'm allergic to the heat. Maybe it's because I have to wear pants and collared shirts every day. I can't imagine how hot Arizona is, it's barely in the 90s here.

Brian said...

That Etsy.com looks like a nice site. How cool it is that people get to make homemade stuff and sell it over the internet. You look like you have a pretty professional shop going already. I hope it does well.

Tracie said...

The finished quilt looks awesome. Congrats on finally getting your Etsy shop open. I hope that goes well for you.

gary_hansen@byu.edu said...

I went to the Etsy site but they said there were no sellers named HoneyBear Lane.

Alice H said...

I saw your Etsy shop so its definitely there. And congratulations about it! Thats huge. I can't wait to see what else you put in there (since Kurt would get pretty mad if I bought Charlie a bow....haha)

Liesl said...

I understand Kent's pain...a little. When it got hot in Idaho, there wasn't much we could do about trekking all over campus in jeans and shoes, and then having sweat baths in our non-AC apartments. I'm pretty proud of Will for wearing that skirt with dignity. He's a natural model.

Janae said...

You have such talent, it's amazing! Congrats on the etsy shop. I totally forgot you have a craft blog! What is it again?

Cass said...

the quilt is so cute, I really love it. I'm for sure going to check out your etsy page, good for you. August is almost over, hang in there.

Amy said...

I hate August too! Except the pool is the only thing I WILL do outside!
Your little guy is so cute. My kids would love to have a water toy just like that!

Can't wait to check out your etsy shop!

That quilt looks way cute!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

That quilt is so cute! I can't wait to check out the Etsy shop- I love all the fun and affordable homemade stuff there.

Lechelle said...

Congrats on opening your etsy shop. That quilt turned out really cute.

Kirstie said...

i can't believe you made that quilt!! it is so cute!! i looked at your shop and everything is so creative!! i wish i had kids to buy some things!!

JoEllen said...

I think I need to get Max a water table, he's been playing in the sink and flooded the cupboard underneath. Now the drawers are warped!
And I know you're kinda swamped, but I would looove to see another blog post when you get the time and energy. And desire to blog.