Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Final Days

Here's the last of the trip to Utah. The last week was big Ferguson Family week since Aaron's brother and his family were getting sealed. So tons of Aaron's extended family came into town and we were able to do some fun things with them, like go to the Dinosaur Museum:
Putting together dinosaur puzzles
Playing in the water trough thingy.
The smocks were so huge on Will
Here's Cousin Jenny digging out a skeletonAnd Will and his post-workout-no-time-for-shower mother brushing dino bones

Another day I went to visit my friend Katie who lives at Daybreak and we went to the Daybreak Beach (where my sister and friends just happened to be too!) Katie and her cute dog DobbyHere's Will! And Felicity in the backgroundAnd another one of Will...WAIT a minute! That's not Will!! This kid had the same swimsuit and blonde hair as Will and totally looked like his twin.

And the becoming-traditional lunch with the FAB Four: Me, Shera, Dawn, and JoEllen celebrating 22 years of friendship.
Shera and her Gelato. (ahem) I made that necklace (ahem)JoEllen looking THRILLED (she was sick earlier that day tho)

Aaron took his National Board Dental Exam, which he'd been studying like crazy for. By the way we got the results and he passed! Whew.

And we managed to squeeze in a trip to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. It was beautiful and interesting to go through the whole thing since you usually just see a small portion. We were behind a lady with a walker tho and thus moving VERY slowly, so right at the peak of the tour (the Celestial Room) Aaron wanted me to hurry so we could pass them up. I wouldn't have it. But we passed them when they went to take the elevator and so Aaron and I BOOKED it up the stairs to be ahead of them.

The sun was blaring right into our faces. "One-two-three OPEN EYES!" Aaron didn't follow this rule.

A fun surprise: Aaron's brother Dave and his wife just had a baby in June and live in Chicago so weren't sure they'd be able to make it but lo and behold I opened the door and there they were! They made the long drive from Chicago. I always admire people who can be so flexible, regardless of children or new babies. It takes skill and relaxing.
Here is Dave and their new baby!

We went to Thanksgiving Point Gardens, just being up the road, and rented some golf carts which were pretty fun to drive. The girls in our cart tended to be the MUCH better drivers, in my opinion.

Libbie, John, and Grandma O in the cart in front of usLovely RaeMe, Billy, and Froggy. Somehow Froggy made it into WAY too many pictures. What a prima donna.For the floral geek within...I loved these lisianthuses.

And the sealing. It was in the Salt Lake Temple and it was a really wonderful sealing. The sealer talked so much about the temple covenants and then they wheeled in their baby Alex in a pure white stroller wearing a little white suit. He was nervous about being up on the alter with his parents, but still did great. It was a very special sealing and they were so happy.
Everyone's flashes were going off and ruined most of my other pictures of them first coming out so here's the kiss.John's daughter Jenny holding her little brother The Tank. "Whazzzzzzattt???"The ladies of the Ferg clan...

The reception was also beautiful but I forgot to take pictures of it. Unfortunately the sealing was our last day in Utah since we had to drive home the next day so Aaron could start school on Monday. So we had to duck out a little early to say goodbye to my family and last minute errands. But I feel like I got to spend a lot of time with several members of Aaron's family (some not as much as I wanted to tho) but it was great to talk to Grandma O., she is a great lady. I really admire how Aaron's family tries to hard to get together for family events.

And now we're back in Utah. Whew. Thanks for reading if you stayed to the end.

9 comments:

Leah Ferguson said...

Wow that was a long post, but I bet you're glad you got it all covered and now can talk about home I hate talking about vacation cause there is so much that needs to be talked about.

Dino Muesum very fun.. we go often because we're so close, Daybreak love it there I'm convincing John we need to buy out there! I was SO excited Rachel, Dave and Daphne came!!! So nice to have family!

So glad the BIG test is over!! Lucky you got to go to the Oquirrh temple which I still can't pronounce correctly.

And I love how my nose is being smashed while I'm kissing John. The picture looks great so no worries. Seriously my kid can't stop asking me "what is it" sometimes I go nuts cause all he wants to do is talk!

I have reception pictures if you'd like some =]

WOW sorry for the long comment.. but it was a long post ya know.

kurt said...

That's crazy about Will's doppelganger. It took me a while to figure out you were serious. A little haunting.

That's great about your brother and sister-in-law getting sealed. Congratulations to them.

JoEllen said...

Oh yes, and what has happened to the mysterious orange shirt? Just wondering.

Kent said...

Don't mock Will's smock!

Sunnie said...

i wish we could have been in utah for all the fun! oh well- darn baby getting in the way:) i'm glad it was fun. and way to go aaron passing is test- i'm glad for you guys.

Amy said...

I sure would have like to hang out with you more too! Maybe we can meet in the middle. Where is the middle???

Congrats to Aaron! Sned me the whitening cream and a bill or you can send the bill first . . . which ever:)

HayLee said...

i think you meant to say that now your back in AZ. lol. Glad to hear he passed his tests. now just alot more years to go. how wxciting.

Amy said...

So i just caught up on the rest of your posts . . . you ve a huge family woman! Holy cow! What a fun family reunion trip. That cabin looks awesome! I also wanted to say that I love the black and white picture of Will on your side bar and I love how your atheletic events have just a touch of color on them.

I also saw that you were making a lot of baby crafts and thinking about selling them. Wouldn't it be fun to have a boutique. I was thiking about going to California to have a boutique night or two because they rae really not do it yourself kind of people like they are here and in Utah. i wish you good luck. I also love the puff quilt. I have never seen one of those before.

Amy said...

Was that the same bucket??!! Will's picture is one of the reasons I wated to do that with Malachi!