Saturday, August 29, 2009

I believe the child...mentioned a check?

Ah, the joys of scouting. I like scouting, actually. My mom was always a den mother as I grew up so I went to lots of activities as well as pack meetings and such. And now Aaron is a scouting leader so we went to our first outing...the mining museum. Super exciting! Actually it seems boring but it was pretty interesting. We watched a video on plate techtonics and then looked at all the rocks and jems. And they use these HUGE mining machines in the quarries and had the shovel and wheel for photo ops.
The scouts LOVE Will. As soon as we pulled up they all ran over to the car and started waving and yelling his name. He was flustered but obviously pleased with the attention and said, "Uh, hi!" His favorite part was digging through the 'free rock' wheelbarrow.

That night, we made pizza together for a family activity and Will was pretty good at helping and eating the cheese.Don't mind the fact that Will is always hanging around in just his diaper. I am just lazy sometimes and with his water table he is always getting his clothes wet.
He enjoys relaxing on the recliner to drink his bottle.

And we built a fort.

9 comments:

Alice H said...

What?! Is that mining stuff for real? I'm in total shock right now.

kurt said...

Don't be bewildered by Alice being in "total shock." That's her code for saying she is super impressed and wishes she was there.

I also think it's pretty cool, but even cooler is that Aaron is in scouting! That'd be a great calling. Looking back, I miss being in scouts, and wish I didn't goof off so much. I kinda wish I knew how to tie a bowline.

mandy said...

I love seeing older kids interact with toddlers & babies--so sweet. You are a good wife to go along on the scouting adventures.

Brian said...

For Will:

jweopitpque ipjowie oivzf ewiogloif gflzbmeo eiw ezptu cdogiw engeknlxoi wgurydrx gd i rd irg fksiso kdjfhho gfjhsgkdjriu siuhor dhighreiu.

Hi.

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

Scouting stuff is fun. My parents were always involved in that too. Your son is adorable relaxing in that big chair!

Kent said...

I liked the sign on the free rock barrow that said "Limit of 3". Who's really interested in taking a bunch of rocks from the mining museum? And isn't there plenty more where that came from?

Tracie said...

I never was involved in scouting stuff growing up. Just went to Taylor's court of honor last night and it made me excited to help Morgan through scouts.

I love Will's expression in the fort. He looks like he's enjoying himself.

Amy said...

That was larger equipment than I ever could have imagined. Wow.

Your day with Will looks a lot like mine. Maybe we will have to swap fort building techniques.:)

Kirstie said...

you and your family always do such cute activities together!!