It's pretty crazy that I have two kids now. I have definitely had some feelings and experiences that I wasn't expecting. I spent so much time in the hospital cuddling my tiny little new boy, that when my bouncing two-year-old burst through the doors, grubby as could be, I couldn't help but be a little protective of my germ-free newborn. But that night I dreamed a lot about Will, and woke up feeling full of love for him...and kind of confused as to how I can share my love between two kids. It was a strange feeling.

Here's the little guy all strapped in and ready for his first car ride.

Lucas did almost nothing but sleep for the first few days, which made feeding him very frustrating. But then one night he decided, "okay, I'm ready for the world!" and woke up literally every hour to eat. Nursing was NOT working, so I ended up having to return to the trusty nipple shield, which is annoying, but at least I can breastfeed him. I've been working on building up my milk supply and practicing with Lucas every day a little without the shield, so we are making slow progress. And I think I have been much more patient with the whole ordeal than I was with Will.

This is his going home outfit, sans some cute brown pants that he peed on.

He's already learning the Hansen 'neck-hold relaxation pose.'

Having a hard time getting out of the fetal position...


He has a hilarious Waking Up face. He looks like Mickey Rooney.

Will and Lucas watching a movie on Aaron's ipod. TV...a true brotherly connection.

Will is learning to take care of his own baby, he likes to swaddle Froggie. He is a very good big brother, calls Lucas "Lukey." He always makes sure he has his binkie and has fed him a bottle a couple of times. He helps to pat his back when Lucas has gas bubbles, and gives him kisses and hugs. But he is also very aware of the new need to fight for attention, and has been super hyper active and whiney. It was okay when my mom was here, since she gave him a lot of attention, but now that she's gone, Will has been a tiring handful. Now I know why my friends having their seconds all say their babies are easy, it's the toddlers that are hard!
6 comments:
Congratulations!! He is such a cutie :) glad to see that everyone in your new family of four is home safe and sound. And I absolutely love Lucas' welcome home shirt - did you make it?
He is so cute! Mickey Rooney... hahaha. I love that Will is showing so much brotherly love. Adorable.
Congrat! He is such a cute little guy! And how fun to have two boys.Will looks like a great big brother.
I think Lucas is the most beautiful newborn boy Ive ever seen! You are so lucky to have such handsome little guys! I cant wait to meet him in person!
Star Trek - So Very Tired.
Lucas is unbelievably cute. He doesn't have that "old man" look like a lot of newborns.
Totally looks like Mickey Rooney in that one picture.
Seeing Will be so cute with his new brother makes me want to have another one too (someday).
I love that post. I love your boys! They are so cute! Mickey Rooney- so funny! Hang in there, Will will get used to it and soo the hyperactivity will stop. Just give him extra hugs in the free moments!
Post a Comment