Aaron's birthday every year seems to be taken up by homework and tests because it's always at a very busy time of the school year. This year it was on a Saturday so we were able to do some fun things but I wasn't able to plan very much stuff because I was so busy with my capstone project. So here's what happened: We woke up to a beautiful blanket of fresh snow. We had a great, relaxing morning together. I made him breakfast and gave him most of his birthday presents (he had already gotten some throughout the week). I bought him two church books, Muppet Christmas Carol, and some new jeans. My parents gave him "Meet the Robinsons" and his parents gave him some money that he has used to buy more church books. After presents, we got ready and went Christmas shopping the rest of the afternoon. We also had a greasy lunch at Aaron's favorite place: Tacos Guanajuatos. And our hands smelled like limes the rest of the day (not in a good way.) Then we went to his friend Lance's wedding reception for a long time and ended up at the Provo Towne Center where we got dessert and drinks at Red Robin. So it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but it was fun for us since we never really get to just hang out these days. And here are some facts about little tiny Aaron:
1. My nicknames for him consist of Bear, Wiffle, and...that's all. He had others before we got married but then I dropped them. Bear comes from "Aar-bear" shortened to just Bear and Wiffle comes from...well he started calling me wiffle when we got married and I became his wife but then I liked saying wiffle too so I call him that now too. That's why we call our baby Biffle. :) A mix of Bear and Wiffle.
2. He was born on December 1, 1982 in Whittier, CA. He turned 25 this year.
3. He is the youngest of 3 boys.
4. He loves cartoons like Ben 10 and Avatar. He also loves old TV shows like MASH, Matlock, The Cosby Show, and Walker, Texas Ranger. He is now starting to get into Star Trek (cringe!) and CSI: Las Vegas.
5. He went on a mission to Resistencia, Argentina. His first area included the beautiful Iguazu Falls which are like ten times as big as Niagara Falls. The rest of his areas were not very beautiful.
6. Aaron makes very good Kraft Mac n Cheese.
7. My favorite thing that he does for me is to rub my feet or back and cuddle with me when we watch TV or movies.
8. Aaron takes me out every Friday night, something I look forward to all week and something I pray will not end once the baby comes.
9. Aaron loves our son and is going to be a great father.
10. Aaron will forever serve in the Elder's Quorem. In the last three years he has held the calling of teacher, 2nd cow, 1st cow, and Pres. Maybe he was only 1st cow...I can't quite remember.
Ok, that's all about him for now because I did this awhile ago and I can't really remember the things that I said about him before and I don't want to repeat myself. But I do want to say happy be-lated birthday Aaron and I love you!!
Aaron on his birthday last year, which he has to share celebrating with my Pops. And Clyn is covering his ears because the Hansens sing quite the rousing "Happy Birthday."
5 comments:
Happy b-day to Grandpa H today...he would be 95. And Grandma B's 88th yesterday. And someone else on Wednesday...
Happy belated birthday Aaron! Kent never informs me of the birthdays...And I fully support the watching of CSI: Las Vegas, especially out of all CSIs, the other shows however...
I love Walker Texas Ranger. I can't believe I can now admit that, since someone else has taken the first step. Hurrah.
fun blog! happy b-day to aaron. i'm so excited for the baby boy. that is so great! i wish we lived closer to the family. i'll be excited to hear where aaron gets into school.
I'm sad to hear you are not more nerdy. Happy birthday to Aaron!
Post a Comment