Wednesday, December 5, 2007

For Melanie, Wherever You May Find Her

First of all, Happy Birthday to my aged father, who turns 64 today. And to Adrienne Tougas Singleton, who turns 23. And congratulations to my little brother Ralphie who gets released from his mission today as well. And heck, congrats to everyone else who got out of bed and found the will to live this morning.

As the title would suggest, this blog is dedicated to the one and only Melanie Mckinnon Hansen. Let me tell you all about Mel...she is, as Kent has dubbed her, "Mellificent." You may not know this, but my first impression of Mel was not great. I first met her when Kent brought her home last Christmas and she stayed a few days. I walked into the dining room where the fam was and saw a person I didn't know and so we introduced ourselves. As we began talking, I felt like she was being a little too jokey and sarcastic which surprised me because I was expecting the typical sweetness and kindness that comes from everyone who marries into the Hansen fam. I later attributed this to her being nervous to meet the sister whom Kent worships (DON'T correct me if I'm wrong) and hey, can you blame her? I am a pretty nerve-wracking person to be around. However, everyone else thought she was God's gift to Kent and when I heard of all the things she did for my family while Kent left her to go snowboarding all day, I realized I had misjudged her. She was even the person to come up with my niece Abbie's name. And that's the tooth! Hahahaha...whoops I left the gas on.

Kent and Melanie got married last June in Washington DC and of course I didn't talk to her much then, so I was getting curious about this person who Kent raves about in his blog. Well, as you know...or perhaps you don't. Anyways, it's true. Aaron applied for dental school and it just so happens that Mel works at Tufts dental school in Boston. Melanie has been very helpful in letting us know what Tufts thinks about Aaron and when we could plan on getting an interview and all that. So I just want to personally thank Melanie for being very helpful to us about Tufts and being the person who occasionally gets Kent to do the dishes.
PS...Melanie, did you find out anything?

2 comments:

Kent said...

Oh, Mel's got news for you...does she ever! You better brace yourselves for the most earth-rumbling, mind-shattering, rip-roarin', ever'-time-a-bullseye salesman, that's professor Hal Hill, Hal Hill!

Ok, maybe it's not that good of news, but it's better than a kick in the pants.

Anonymous said...

I can't help you out with names because we're having a hard enough time. But I'm glad I'm due before you because that would be one less name we could choose from. Congrats on the fine-looking turykey.

Michelle