Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like After Christmas

That's right...the presents have been opened, the money has been spent, the clothes have been exchanged, and the last of the cinnamon rolls are being devoured right now. I have to say though, this was one of the best Christmases I've had in a long time. I didn't get anything spectacular, the typical clothes, movies, and whatnot. But our child sure got a lot of stuff. He has at least 4 teddy bears now. But it was so fun because we had our new camera which was our real Christmas present, opened early. We were able to use the video on it which was so cool. Every year I take pictures of Christmas but they never really seem to capture what really happens so it was nice to have some short video clips. Also this year we had all but two of my brothers there so it was quite a full house! It's fun when everyone grows up because we all go out and do stuff together. So here is a brief timeline of how we spent Christmas.
Christmas Eve day: went to lunch with the girls then spent the rest of the day making pies.
Christmas Eve: went to my parents house for the usual Christmas Eve dinner and organized about 20 little kids to put on a Christmas pageant...whew, what a task that was. Then we sang songs and stuff. We didn't stay for the water game though because we were exhausted. Plus I would be no good since I'm pregnant. But congrats to Liesl who won the game this year!
Late Christmas Eve: Hit a chunk of ice which tore something on the bottom of our car...joy.
Christmas Morning: Aaron and I got up and had our own quick gift exchange. Aaron gave me several little massagey-type dealies and a movie, a sweater, and several items for the kitchen. I gave him a book, a game, a new tie, socks, and tons of stocking stuffers. We gave our baby a pooh bear, a womb sounds bear, and some clothes and toys. And Santa brought us a season of Seinfeld and Monk. So yeah, we got stuff. Anyway, then my dad came and picked us up since our car had broken the night before and drove us to our house. We opened presents with my family and we gave my parents the anniversary book I made for them and they loved it...my mom cried a little. Aaron's dad came and picked him up to take him to our car to see if they could fix it enough to drive, which they did, so then we headed over to the Ferguson's for the rest of the day. We had a delicious prime rib dinner and had presents and played games. That was where we got baby stuff, baby stuff, and more baby stuff. But it was great. After we left we stopped by my parents house again to give them some leftover pie and visit briefly. So anyway, it was a really fun Christmas. And it's been so nice to have time off from school and work to relax and hang out with family and stuff. So enjoy our pictures and video and make sure to check out Liesl's dancing at the end of the video!

2 comments:

Janae said...

Your family looks so fun and HUGE! This was our first Christmas without extended family and it was hard...quiet and sort of nice, but lonely in a way. So how fun that your family is back and you could all be together! Loved Leisl's (sp?) dancing.

Liesl said...

Oh, yeah... you can keep it up, I don't care. But man, I'm completely insane.