My sweet cousin Maren died this morning from diabetes. She was only 21 and was about to go to school at BYU-ID this fall. She was such a great person, always so kind to everyone. I didn't spend as much time with Maren as I should have since she was 3 years younger than me, but I remember going over to their house for Thanksgiving and having sleepovers and being very silly. Her whole family was always so wonderful and nice and we are praying for them to have comfort during this difficult time. But we are also so thankful for the gospel that helps us take comfort in the fact that we can see our families again. We love Maren and will miss her.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Pray for the Hansens
My sweet cousin Maren died this morning from diabetes. She was only 21 and was about to go to school at BYU-ID this fall. She was such a great person, always so kind to everyone. I didn't spend as much time with Maren as I should have since she was 3 years younger than me, but I remember going over to their house for Thanksgiving and having sleepovers and being very silly. Her whole family was always so wonderful and nice and we are praying for them to have comfort during this difficult time. But we are also so thankful for the gospel that helps us take comfort in the fact that we can see our families again. We love Maren and will miss her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for posting that Heidi. I loved Maren so much.
I am so sorry Heidi. Diabetes is such a horrible disease. You and her family will be in our prayers.
Thank you, Heidi. Mom and I talked to Dennis this morning, and their family is feeling comforted by the Holy Spirit. Last night they had a family prayer, and Sharma felt certain that Maren was there with them. She said that she felt she could just turn around, and Maren would be right there. Though this is a hard time, it is often the case that times like these bring the most memorable and long-lasting spiritual experiences.
I'm sorry Heidi.
Post a Comment