Sunday, July 20, 2008

We'd just get the women's large.

You know when you have those moments when everything just seems to happen in the most frustrating way possible? Well tonight's dinner was somewhat like that. It started off okay, I had washed the lettuce and chopped up veggies for it as well as got the steak marinating. Actually everything was going perfectly...I threw the portobellos on the grill with the onions and peppers and the potatoes were boiling. Then I started grilling the steak and didn't turn on the fan so the house filled with smoke and it was REALLY hot and so we had to open the doors and windows to get the smoke out but since it's Arizona and extremely hot, all the hot air came in, making us even hotter. Then we had turned up the potatoes so they would get done a little faster and all of a sudden they were almost TOO done, so we quickly turned off the heat and Aaron started mashing them while I was dealing with the steaks. Well, things settled down a little and the everything on my end was done...the steaks, the veggies, the salad. Aaron was almost done mashing the potatoes too, so everything was going to be just perfect. Except that Aaron was dead-set on making gravy. So I covered up the hot food with tin foil (except that the stupid tin foil wouldn't come out of the box so I yanked it out and then it fell out of my hands into a mess on the counter and got all gross) in hopes of keeping it warm while he made this supposed 'gravy'. He started it off, but the gravy wasn't thickening right, so then he kept adding more and more flour and soon it was a lumpy and tasteless mess. He was quite upset. And I (who had been cooling off in the other room) came back to find that Aaron had taken the tin foil off the meat and now it was cold! Now I was quite upset. Finally Aaron gave up on the gravy and we, grumbling, finally sat down to dinner. And then we just laughed. And cried a little. And that was our 2nd Sunday dinner by ourselves. Fascinating stuff.

1 comment:

BrItTneEanN said...

Kind of hard eating sunday dinner's by yourself. lol. Welcome to my world!! You should tell Aaron next time corn startch might work a little better ;) Hope all is well in Arizona!