Monday, July 28, 2008

Number 7

Just so you all know, I purposefully only did 7 posts in July so I could continue my pattern of 13-7-13-7. So August is going to have to be incredibly exciting so I can do 13 posts. Or maybe I will invent a fictional character that has fictional fun. Maybe I will name him Terrance. Well SOMETHING needs to happen to someone name Terrance.
Today can be summed up in a few sentences, or rather, fragments:
1. Hot and sweaty
2. Lousy store check-out girls
3. Crew

Explanations:
1. We live in Arizona and it's July.
2. I went to Home Depot and WalMart today and both check out ladies were so weird and obnoxious. I bought lots of plants at Home Depot because, wait. A word of explanation for the explanation.
*We have a patio that has a short 3 foot wall in front of it. Beyond that is about a foot of gravel before it slopes down quite steeply to a sidewalk below. Well, several people love to cut along the gravel to get to other apartments and lend themselves to be right next to our patio with a clear view of us lounging around in our underwear. And it drives us crazy! We thought of planting a bush or putting up a little fence. But we were sure we'd be allowed so I thought we could block the 'path' with heavy planters. So I bought an agave cactus and a red bird of paradise plant as well as some other things and I am hopeful that that will work. Well, that was just fascinating.
3. We ate dinner at TGIFridays and they too, have the standard long CREW boat hanging up in their restaurant. But I couldn't remember the name of the sport so I had to call my brother in Boston, who, of course, told me promptly. What a guy.

Until next month, yours respectfully.

3 comments:

Lechelle said...

you should get a bunch of prickly cactus, hahaha.
as sad as you are about the weather in arizona i must admit i envy you a little. I don't mind heat at all, but heat with humidity? sucks. i'll trade you. you take kansas city and i'll take arizona.

Kent said...

I was WONDERING why you didn't have 8 posts.

I would love to have something happen to Terrence. But UNFORTCH I haven't had the time or motivation. Packing and unpacking. You understand. I promise that something will indeed happen to Terrence. Eventch.

And you're welcome for the Crew answer. Crew is what all the dudes who aren't good enough at the other sports do out here.

Kent said...

Also, being able to hang out in your house in your undies is KEY to man's pursuit of happiness. That's why I've been scrambling to install blinds and curtains.