Friday, August 1, 2008

Who's scruffy-lookin?

As promised, I am back to blogging this month, in eager hopes of achieving 13 mind-blowing blog posts this August. Well, maybe I'll just have to settle for 4 mind-blowing ones and 9 regular boring ones.

Now for the real news: Will has reached a new milestone: he can walk! Yes, folks, my child is a genius and is already walking around the house in a bathrobe and pipe. Obviously I am joking (except for the child genius thing of course.) Will's new milestone is rolling over, which is usually pretty normal to reach about now. He is 3.5 months old and a few days ago I didn't think he had shown any interest whatsoever in rolling over. Well, I go into his room to get him up from a nap and was surprised to see him on his back! (Since he usually sleeps on his stomach.) We'd recently started a new naptime routine thing to get him to settle down where I just let him lie on his back and look at his sleepy time music thing and so I was wondering if I forgot to flip him over. But no, he'd rolled over. And now he's on his back almost every time I go to get him up from bed.
However, I have yet to actually witness a full rollover. I have seen how he does it, but I think it takes quite a bit of work so when I'm there he usually just whines and won't do the whole thing. And he's only done it in bed. But he did it! I am a proud mama. However, usually when a baby reaches a new milestone it is accompanied with new sleep issues. We haven't had too many, but there are weird moments in the middle of the night when I hear Will just chattering to himself because he's rolled over and woke himself up. But he has also learned better how to sleep on his back.

Next first: Will's first haircut! He had a serious mullet for the last few months (pretty much since birth actually) and though I thought it was very cute, it was a pain to try and clean all the hair during bathtime and whatnot and I thought it was time that he be a little less scruffy-lookin. Since the buzzer was out from me cutting Aaron's hair, we decided to just buzz off the back. It was tricky, since babies are very jerky and it didn't come out completely even, but it's good enough. I will maybe post pictures of it later, but I'm too lazy right now to get out all the camera stuff to upload the pictures. Plus even if I wanted to Blogger picture thing isn't working right now. So there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chewy, go plug the professor into the hyper-drive!

Nate said...

don't let aaron cut Will's hair, trust me, I know. Ask him about how he "evened out" the back of his hair. Good luck on the 13 posts. that is quite the feat.