So it's a lot harder to keep blogging when life is pretty much at a stand-still. But that's always how August is for me. Boring! I think I loathe August second to January. Sorry for all you who have special days during those months, but I really hate them (the months, not your special days.) Below is a list of my favorite months and reasons why.
Favorite Months
1. December: I am a Christmas fiend. I get more excited for Christmas than anything else, and I am one of those people who starts listening to Christmas music right after Halloween and sometimes during the year when I am just missing Christmas. I just love the whole feeling of people getting together in a warm place, eating good food, exchanging gifts, singing songs, watching fun Christmas movies, etc. I would never have thought that December would be my favorite month because as a rule, I am not such a fan of winter. But I actually love winter in December. It's cozy.
2. June: Well, it is my birth month. Plus it's finally warm and it's fun to be able to go to outdoors concerts and bbqs and swimming. And it's still early enough in the summer to not be so super hot and where I'm not sick of summer yet.
3. October: I really love Halloween. Pretty much from September to the end of the year excites me. I remember counting down the days to where I could just carve a pumpkin because I loved Halloween so much. And I loved dressing up...I would start thinking about what I was going to be the next year for Halloween on November 1st. It was a very crucial life decision at that point. And of course nothing beat trick-or-treating. But now I love Halloween because I love having Halloween parties and decorating my house. And now that I have a kid, I get to dress him up too! Oh yes, and I absolutely LOVE the weather in October. The colors are beautiful and it's getting a little chillier. I'm considering moving October up to the #2 spot in my rankings.
4. March: March is a weird month because it's still dead from the winter but the snow is usually all melted (except this last year in Utah.) But I love it because I get the winter blues big time and it makes me all excited just to be able to go outside without a huge winter coat on. March and April are a pretty close tie, but I think I like March a little more because of the huge relief that winter is on its way out and spring is coming.
5. April: Same reasons as #4, but it came in second to March because at this time I'm usually more used to spring coming and all stressed out because finals are starting. But I love the blossoms on the tree and how pretty it gets. Except this last April was miserable weather except for like a 4-day period, which, incidentally, occurred right at the time when I was in the hospital having a baby.
6. November: November is usually when the pretty fall colors have gone away and the snow is threatening to come but hasn't really come yet. The only thing I like about November is Thanksgiving and the break that comes with it. But I LOVE that! I really love the day after Thanksgiving when you can start decorating for Christmas and go Christmas shopping. Oh yeah, and the food is good too.
7. May: I like May enough, since it's warmer and still pretty with new flowers outside and stuff. But it was always kind of a boring month. Although now I have my anniversary at the end. And Memorial Day. Okay, so the end of May is good.
8. September: I usually like September because it's apple season and school starts up again. And it finally starts cooling down.
9. February: I have a love-hate relationship with February. Love because I have occasionally had a good Valentine's Day. Hate because it's still cold and ugly outside and all you get is the stupid fake holiday of Groundhog's Day that gives you false hope and Valentine's Day which can be awful if it goes badly.
10. July: I do like July because I like celebrating the 4th, but I always felt like July is the 'too hot to move' month. But it can because good if you take a good vacation. Which I usually don't.
11. August: As stated before, not such a fan. Summer has dragged on long enough at this point and there aren't any holidays or anything to make it interesting. The only thing I ever have to look forward to is September.
12. And of course, January. I loathe January. Christmas is over and it's the longest possible time before the next Christmas. Plus this is the month where it usually snows the most and winter is just this guest who has overstayed his welcome and you're just wondering if he will ever leave!! And I've never thought that Civil Right's Day was well-placed in January. It's a day off from school or work when you've just had like a bunch of days off for Christmas. They need to save that holiday for March or something when it's finally warming up so you can go on a quick trip to Vegas or something.
By the way, I know that I live in Arizona now so the months are a little different. But I'm not going to live here forever and I still consider Utah my home.
5 comments:
So yeah, I was bitterly disappointed our first September in Texas, because it was so freaking hot still. I like Sept for the same reason as you... the changing colors, finally starting to cool down, etc. But alas, it's almost as hot as August, and yet I'm feeling like making soups and pumpkin bread. Although I love the weather in Texas (February is actually nice), August and September are a slap in the face.
I haven't commented you in forever. I hate every cold and hot month. So I think that leaves me with like April, maybe September, and part of October? The holidays are great and all but I hate the weather in Utah. But I can't imagine that Arizona is any better when it's hot all the time. I'd switch for Texas any day.
I love October because of halloween. I still love to dress up and get together with friends, like we did last year! That was so fun.
I also now will love August because of the fact I'm getting married soon. So if I post them on the blog will you see them...I never see you leave comments on my blog!
This is brittnee by the way not matt my fiancee....
Very enjoyable month rankings. I ranked the seasons last year, but I think a month ranking would be better, I should do my own.
Post a Comment