Monday, August 25, 2008

Story line Madness!!

A couple of days ago, I posted the first installment of my story. But I later took it down because I felt like it was just a little too silly and maybe not quite so appropriate for some of my readers. In addition, I decided it would be kind of fun to give you all an option of which plot line you would most like to see developed into a story. So without further ado (for the record, this month is a new record for the number of times I have said 'ado') I present to you three choices:

1) The story of Kate, a new college freshman, living in a crummy apartment with four crazy roommates. Kate tells the story of trying to sort out the normal people from the weirdies in her ward all the while, seeking her eternal mate (this was the original story).

2) The story of Kate, a young mother living in a new place and trying to figure out how to deal with various problems presented with her, including fitting into her new ward, making friends, and taking care of a little baby. (Hmm, I wonder where I am getting my ideas from?)

3) The story of Smoochy, a frumpy old woman living in a retirement home, visited occasionally by her four sons who have their own set of quirks and problems.

There you have it folks. Cast your votes!

P.S. The ants came back. We sprayed them to their deaths. And then spent the next hour scrubbing down the kitchen.

11 comments:

Kent said...

Smoochy of course. You can't present 2 ordinary names and then a great one like Smoochy and not expect people to choose Smoochy.

HayLee said...

I like option 1. Smoochy is a good name,but I like stories of young love.

Lorana said...

I thought the freshman story had promise. You could name any character who wins the vote Smoochy if the masses clamor for such things.

Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle said...

I vote for option 1. You can have a lot of fun describing the "weirdies" in her ward. We have all had our share of that. Plus roommate stories are always entertaining. Stinking ants....get um!

Pete said...

Smoochy. Smoochy. Smoochy. There is so much material in a retirement home.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

3! The whole freshman love thing is far too overdone- although I would enjoy reading any and all of the choices.

Tracie said...

I think I like #1 or #3. I don't really care which. I think either would be fun to read. :)

Tracie said...

Oh, and I know ALL about ants in the kitchen. We had a major infestation in our last apartment (and when I was living at home). I suggest getting the ant traps otherwise the ants will keep coming back.

Katie Torriente: said...

I like story number 3- the old lady. Old people are the best, and the most entertaining.

Austin said...

my vote is for number 2, but change her name to Smoochy.