Friday, July 18, 2008

Was that place...the SUN?

Will is so cute that he deserves his own post. He is such an amazing child! I am continually the googly-eyed mama. New achievements:
1. He sucks his thumb (I call this an achievement since it's a great way for a child to self-soothe)
2. He can pretty much sit up while propped up with pillows
3. He scootches around in his crib so much that this morning I found him facing the completely opposite direction than I put him down last night
4. He sleeps through the night! (actually he's been doing this for awhile now.) But last night he went to bed at 6 am and cheerfully woke up this morning at 8 am. Ah!

Aaron and I have been feeling back to normal with the baby now since he's been sleeping so much more and we've been staying up late watching movies and sleeping in. This has been a great week of vacation before Aaron starts school. But before I talk about that, here's a cute video of Will laughing at a game we play.


So this week we've mostly been getting settled in by going to lots of stores and buying house stuff and groceries. On Tuesday we went to Scottsdale to the Fashion Mall and it's this gigantic mall with lots of high-end retailers like Gucci, Armani, Neiman Marcus, etc. We didn't buy anything of course, but it was fun to go and look at stuff. There's not quite as much stuff to do in the summer since it's unbelievably hot outside and you don't want to be out there for longer than a minute.
Aaron starts school on Monday and tomorrow there's a school dinner and on Monday is the White Coat Ceremony. I will be glad to get more into a routine though. I feel like I've been on vacation for like 3 months!

2 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Oh- Heidi, he is so precious! I love little baby laughs!

mandy said...

I'm so glad you are all settled! We missed you today at the non-reunion.

Ethan always says that baby laughter is contagious and I was totally laughing along with cute little Will!