Which brings me to this weekend. It was supposed to be a great weekend. We had decided to celebrate our own Christmas in Arizona so we wouldn't have to lug as many gifts up to Utah and so we could enjoy them a little bit since we'll be up there for two weeks. I was excited to do our own little Christmas Eve, and spent the whole day on Friday preparing for it. I made a roast chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots, salad, and a pistachio pudding/cream cheese dessert. Unfortunately, Aaron came home from school at 5 and collapsed on the couch, feeling like death. Will had also come down with a cough and runny nose. I still felt good, though. That is, until I spent the weekend taking care of two sickies, cooking the Christmas Eve dinner, cleaning the trashed house, and running all my errands. I came down with a mild cold on Saturday night but felt much worse on Sunday. Aaron and Will were worse than I, however, and were quarantined at home. We had to start giving Will the albuterol again (the medicine that makes him incredibly hyper and have insomnia) to get rid of his cough and while it has helped his cough go away, last night he woke up at 2 and then again at 3 and wouldn't go back to bed. So I was playing with my baby at 3 am last night. Let's just say it was a rough night. And now that he's almost better, I'm not giving him any more meds so maybe we'll have a normal night tonight.
Back to "Christmas Eve." The dinner wasn't ready until 7, so Aaron gave Will a bath and put him to bed while I finished cooking. I wanted Will to be there for the dinner, but he was not in a good mood and it just made our lives easier. The dinner tasted pretty good, but Aaron's taste buds were weird since he was sick. But I have to say it was a really good chicken recipe. We were going to read from the scriptures and watch Christmas movies while we finished wrapping presents, but we just were so exhausted that I think we just ended up watching "Home Alone" and went to bed. So it wasn't a very exciting Christmas morning, because we slept in late and hadn't filled our stockings or anything. I'm hoping that maybe next year will run more smoothly. But we still did take a few minutes to help Will open some of his presents.
So now that we're starting to feel better, we have decided to limit our social outings to the absolutely necessary ones until we're past this. I guess moving to a new state makes you catch all the new viruses that are there, so hopefully we won't be as sick next year. But I have to say, being sick actually has made it feel more like winter here!
10 comments:
Will has HUGE cheeks. Very slobberable. And I liked your quote, this last office was a great episode, I loved Andy's sitar work.
Sorry you guys have been sick. I'm still fighting off the last of my cold as well. I'm excited to see you guys. We're leaving Dec. 20th but we'll be back Dec. 28th so plenty of time to get together!
We are sick too, fighting off all the new Texas (and Texas-sized, I might add) viruses. Ahhhhhhh!
Love The Office reference!
Hey Heidi! Thanks for the invite! It was great catching up. My favorite part of your posts from the last 4 weeks was the fact that you do such elaborate and beautiful decorations, yet you still wrap your presents in plastic bags!! I guess you wouldn't be a Hansen if you did it any other way! I can't believe that picture of you dad! It looks like it could be any one of your brothers! I see where they all get their good looks. I actually thought it was Kent or Tyler before I read the caption. Anyway, I think I had more comments, but I can't think of them all. Like Kent said in the "hour long" post, I can't remember what my comments were throughout it all, and I've got a poopie diaper to change and not the time to re-read/comment as I go! Wow, that was a long sentence. Hope you could understand it. My husband says I have terrible grammar. He's the English major, not I!
Merry Christmas. I have a Christmas card for you (did you ever get the Thanksgiving one?), just wondering if I should mail it to Mom and Dad's or send it to you in AZ or to the
Fergs in UT or just bag it all completely since you don't care?
Had to go back and look for the Office quote, and lo and behold, it's right there in the title. Good work.
I am so sorry you all got sick. That is miserable. I love the picture of Will opening presents in shorts. Only in AZ.
i'm so happy i get to read your blog again! that video of will and the paper is so cute! he has gotten so big since i last saw him!
Post a Comment