First, the trip home. All I can say is wow. Why on earth did we think it would be fun to drive 11 hours to Utah, then 11 hours back only to go 11 hours BACK to Utah three weeks later?! The drive just feels SO long. Especially since we left later in the day so that Will would hopefully sleep more. That part worked, thankfully, and he was pretty good during the trips. The hard part was that we arrived at around midnight and it just made the trip feel like it took forever. So moving on, we arrived.
Sunday was church and all that. We ate at my family's house since we were celebrating my little brother's birthday. Monday Aaron and I visited the old alma mater to see the new buildings and stuff. We ended up spending a lot of time and money at the Bookstore buying BYU paraphernalia since we didn't have any and we need to represent out here in AZ. We also had lunch with Tyler at the new restaurant in Provo called Spark. It's in the Wells Fargo building. It's a pretty fun place, the food and drinks were good. A little bit overpriced for the portion we got, but still good. 4 stars. We spent the rest of the day driving to Aaron's friends' houses to make quick visits.
Tuesday we went to lunch with Aaron's friends Ammon and Nate at Aaron's favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant, Tacos Guanajuatos. Will snuck some al pastor pork and we reaped the consequences later for that. He's quite the little vulture or 'grubhook' as my mom would say. Just wants everything we're eating. Or wants everything we have. Basically just wants what he can't have. I guess he's setting himself up for a lifetime of disappointment! Anyway, afterwards we shopped around before depositing Will back at John & Libbie's so we could go to the temple. It was great to go, especially since we also took the opportunity to go out to eat (since we obviously had not done that enough that week) and visit my friends Tracie and Austin.
Wednesday I went shopping with my mom since she wanted my help decorating her house for Christmas this year. Of course I was glad to oblige, since it was her money and I love to decorate. Then Shera came over and hung out while we got ready to do family pictures, which she took later up in Alpine. Will was fine during his solo shots but was very grumpy during the family pictures so we had to cut the session short, but we still got some good ones. I was wearing this shiny necklace at first that he could not get out of his mind, even when I hid it from him. We finally ended up giving it to him to play with since he's just a stubborn little boy. And he's learning that if he grumbles loud enough he will get his way. And I'm thinkin'...that's gotta stop.
After the photo shoot, we all went and got stuff for makin' pies and spent the whole evening (I mean until 11 pm) baking pies. I made two key lime and two pumpkin and Shera made two pumpkin and one key lime. I was SO exhausted by the time I fell into bed, but it was fun to hang out with Shera.
Friday I spent most of the day at my parents' house helping them decorate. It was a lot of work! However my family helped me a lot so it went a lot quicker. I can't believe I used to do it by myself for years. After that me, Aaron, and Will went to dinner at CPK with my parents. And then did a little more strolling around the mall. And then Walmart. And of course ended up buying more stuff.
Saturday we just hung out at the Ferguson's and had a quiet day. Of course I did have to step out with Libbie to visit Taipan but we didn't get anything there but a little fatter, since we had to sample their fudge. We celebrated Aaron's birthday that night with a delicious home cooked dinner and birthday cookies.
Okay, for those of you who are still reading this, I am amazed. Even if you skimmed, you deserve a cookie.
Monday was Aaron's 26th birthday! I wanted it to be a good day for him since he always has to go to school and study a lot. Not to mention that I had to go grocery shopping, laundry, etc. I had all his presents, fortunately. I decided to make his favorite foods this week: pizza, steak with portobellos, tortellini, chicken alfredo. So yes, we're not recovering from last week's overeating, we're just piling it on. But it was fun getting all ready. We invited Spongebob over for the celebration.
All in all, it was a very fun and busy trip but I'm glad to be home. It always takes me awhile to recover from a trip, so I'm trying not to think too much about our Christmas trip coming up in another few weeks...yikes.
13 comments:
I read the entire thing and enjoyed it. Because I enjoyed it, I deserve DOUBLE cookies. Pay up.
I read it too! Thanks for all the pictures - Paula's house looks fantastic.
Thanks for the picture of Camille. I never heard any more after the initial news of her birth and figured no news was good news.
It was good to see you and Aaron even if it wasn't for long. I'm glad you had fun with family and food.
Happy birthday Aaron. Sounds like you and Will made it a good one for him.
Excited to see you again soon. :) (Surely 11 hours isn't that much for a Christmas with real snow? ;) )
Hey, Ferg. I forgot to call you on you birthday. Sorry man. Please put on your calender next year on Nov 29th, to call me and remind me to call you on your birthday.
Happy birthday. I was good to see you and go to lunch, even though the Chimichaga I had made me sick.
Thank you. I have been waiting with bad baited breath for this post. When Max sees a camera, he thinks it means, "Squint. There's a flash that will hurt your eyes." Will is much more photogenic. BTW, I b'lieve Mom's definition of grubhooks are the hands of the hungry child, not the hungry child himself. As in, "Git yer grubhooks off!"
And Happy Birthday to Aaron! If he checks his Facebook pg ever again, he will see that I remembered him. You are a great wife and mom Heidi.
I'm not sure if I've ever been in a picture on someone's blog before! This is so exciting! Naturally I found the whole entry fascinating.
wow, sounds like a fun trip!! Sorry that we missed you this time.
That's awesome you got pictures done, bummer when kids freak out and you can't keep going! But I'm glad you guys got to do a few! Sorry we didn't see more of each other, I'm bad with planning and hopefully we'll see more of each other for x-mas break.
The picture of the boys is SO cute!! I really don't think they knew what to think about each other!!
1. The problem with long posts is that I always forget my comments by the time I'm done reading it, so now I'm reading it again, putting my comments down as I go.
2. You did a lot of visiting on this trip. Must have been tiring.
3. I like your Alpine family pics, although I'd like you to post them so I can see them in full size. Will is looking quite cute with his huge cheeks.
4. If Paula had a blog, I would leave a comment on it saying I like her new addition and the color of her cabinets. And then I would thank her for posting pictures so I didn't have to rely on my sister Heidi to let me know what the new addition looked like.
5. You didn't give Aaron his own birthday post! Instead, you buried it at the bottom of the Largest Post Ever. You must not love him very much.
Wow. I am too new to this blog thing that I didn't realize once you are private, it doesn't show updates on my main page even if I "follow" you. So thanks for distracting me for a little bit at work!! Great pictures, glad you had a good thanksgiving. Will & Alex together is too cute! Where are you going for Christmas?
We're just going back to Utah. I'm not sure if we're going to be doing both Thanksgiving and Christmas in Utah from now on since it's a long drive for holidays only a few weeks apart!
I get at least one cookie for a. remembering to check and b. skimming the entire post. That is a long drive to do back and forth in less than two months. You might invest in a portable DVD player for the car - watching movies and TV shows makes the time fly by. And I'm sure Will likes movies too. Our plane trips have been greatly enhanced by portable DVD technology.
Post a Comment