The bad news is that our camera broke, so we haven't been able to take any pictures lately but we are in the process of getting a new one. The one we like is out of stock everywhere though, so we're a little stressed because Will is learning to walk! He has saved this little milestone for last, since he is a very accomplished crawler, cruiser, climber. He is a pro at climbing on the couch and getting down in the right way. He is starting to climb in and out of the tub as well. But he won't walk! It's actually kind of frustrating because I'm getting antsy for it. But as of the last few days he has started to take some steps on his own, so we'll see where that will lead. He still might not actually take off for a little while or he could start doing it tomorrow.
Here's what we did for our cheap date this weekend, and it was so fun! I recommend this date to anyone, especially if you have kids...it would be fun with or without them. We had a 'campout' date. We roasted hot dogs and marshmellows over our gas stove and had s'mores. Then we set up our 'sleeping bags' in front of the TV and watched Australia (which I love) and the Princess Bride (classic.) It was great to do it formally like a date because sometimes when we just decide to watch a movie at home we end up casually watching it while doing other stuff and not even really sitting by each other.
Our precooked food setup
We also turned off the lights and pretended to actually be in the woods (very realistic when the AC kicked in.)
Our camp bed. And Will's treat crumbs contributed to the whole dirt floor feel. These are cell phone pictures, by the way.Now that it's officially summer, here are a few of my goals:
1. Go to bed earlier every night. When is that NOT a goal?
2. Take Will swimming at least 2x a week. He LOVES the pool and is so happy playing there.
3. Work more on the billions of creative projects I have started. And perhaps actually complete one of them.
4. Have more interesting blogs. Ideas?
5. Stop forgetting about ebates.com. I could have gotten so much money back if I hadn't forgotten!
11 comments:
Seriously Awesome Date! I think that is such a great idea and I'm totally going to copy you on this one.
I'm glad Aaron is done with class for a while and that you have a husband again and i can't wait to see Will walk. It'll be so great!
that is the cutest date idea!! plus i have been wanting to see Australia but brad wont watch it with me!! but, now you convinced me to go rent it!
Good date idea.. I wish I had a gas stove those as by far the best! Did you make this one up on your own?! That totally blows about your camera! I've had that happen before what kinda are you looking at! (You know I HAVE to know since I'm a photo freak) And who doesn't love the feel of a camp out and real AC. Now that's my kind of camping!
Nice goals, I have to set some up some of my own. I love the pool and hope it stops raining here so I can hijack Libbie's pool key and take Alex to the pool!
You need to continue your story you started like a year ago. I thought it had potential, and you're funny, too, so it would've been entertaining. So there's an idea.
I don't know what kind of camera you are looking at, but you should seriously consider the Olympus Stylus, as it is virtually indestructible. I broke my last 2 cameras by dropping them, and that was so frustrating because it's so easy to drop those small cameras. The picture quality is average, but if you have good software, then you can spruce up your pics after loading on your computer. So if you're getting a small camera, then consider it. If not, then nevermind.
congrats to aaron- i hear that the first year of dental school is really tough. i'm sure he did great! and fun date idea. you are so creative!
After surviving that first year the rest will just fly by. Cute, cute date. We are getting old and boring...maybe we'll try something new!
Congrats to Aaron! I bet that is so relieving to have that first year done.
That's too bad about your camera. I hope you can find a new one before Will decides to take his first steps. (Though if he does, you could always capture it later. No one needs to be the wiser. ;) )
That does sound like a fun date. I know what you mean about watching movies but not interacting. I've noticed movies are better if you're actually engaged with the person you're watching it with.
That is a totally cool date, I love that idea.
what kind of camera are you looking to get?
cute date!
Nice date. That was a stinking long movie though - and you watched another one on top of it? I was tempted to turn off Australia after the first segment, but the second part turned out better than the first.
My new goal for bedtime is 11 pm, which is in two minutes, so I better move. Sorry, I forget to read your blog for weeks on end because I forget to check the private blogs.
Post a Comment