So...this week I went to California. I woke up on Thursday, not knowing I would be going to California later that day. I went on a walk and called my friend Marrie to see if she wanted to go with me on the walk and instead, she invited me to go to California with her. So a few hours later, we were on our way, making the 6-hour trip to California. She was going for a wedding, so I decided to visit Aaron's family, many of whom live there. I stayed with his aunt Carolyn and uncle Tim and was able to see almost everyone. Sorry, I took a lot of pictures and wanted to post a lot too.

We arrived on Thursday night and Will loved playing with all the toys in Carolyn's kid room. Friday was Aunt Wendy's birthday so we celebrated with her by going out to lunch where I got to see Aunt Jill, Grandma O, Aunt Wendy and Tiffany her daughter.



Afterwards I went to the beach with Marrie and her dad but we got a late start and by the time we got there, it was overcast and windy and cold. But it was still fun to see Will's reaction to the beach. He loves swimming, but I think the waves freaked him out.

Marrie's dad LOVED Will


Marrie and me

Testing out the waters...

...When a huge wave came and splashed him, scaring the daylights outta him!

And afterwards he wasn't so happy.

So I tried to comfort him...

Distract him by drawing in the sand...

...And he calmed down a little.

Will loved the sand the most and kept eating it.


After the beach we ate at BJ's at Huntington Beach and then drove home. Saturday, I made all my visits. I borrowed Tim's car to drive to Whittier, Aaron's birth place and Grandma's home. It was so nice to visit with Grandma, and she had never met Will.


I love Will's expression in this picture
Afterwards I drove to Downey and visited Aunt Pam and Uncle Mark and their kids. They are such a happy bunch of people and it was so great to relax and catch up with them.

Scott, Pam, Alison

Alison and Scott's new baby Adam

Saturday night I went out with cousin Tiffany and she took me to a little shopping area and we got some hot chocolate since it was still pretty cold. I was happy to get to know her a little better, and she's dating a friend of mine so that was fun.

Sunday was church where Will was happily fed Fruit Loops by the kid sitting behind us and then Aunt Wendy took him for the rest of the time to nursery and had a blast, making a card for Aaron for Father's Day. After church, Carolyn and Tim's daughter Kirstie and her husband Brad drove up from San Diego for lunch and so I got to see them and meet Brad.

Then Marrie came and picked me up and we drove back to Arizona, where it was still hot. It was a really great trip, and just what I needed. Aaron was able to study a lot while I was gone, but still missed me terrible, as I did him. Right before we left to go home I told Will we were going to go see Daddy and he kept saying, "Daddy, daddy, daddy..." He also learned a few new words on the trip, like doggy, puppy, and kitty. He was a trooper during most of the trip, although he got really sick of the drive to and from California. When we arrived home on Sunday night, Aaron was so happy to see us and had cleaned up the whole house for our arrival.
Great trip!
9 comments:
how did i have no idea that you were staying with my family? i guess i've just been a little preoccupied with all the jada drama. i'm so glad you had fun! love seeing my fam in the pics. looks like a great trip!
I was thinking about you last night - thinking about how I needed to check your blog and see what you were up to!
What a fun little trip you took! You see more of the family than I do when I visit! You must be so worn out! Will is so adorable! I am so glad you got to see Grandma. What in the world did you see that I made for her????
I wish I could have been on that trip with you!
What a fun trip. I love that you were able to go at a moments notice. I think I left spontaneity behind a couple of kids ago.
my mom loved will! she kept saying how cute he was and fun to have around. will hopefully will like me someday!! haha, it was good to see you!!
Thanks for the blogging tips..you probably noticed how I said see pictures below, but they actually ended up on top! I should have you give me a blogging lesson some time! So you went to California without me!?!? j/k It looks like it was a lot of fun!
Hey Heidi- there is an Arizona photographer who is doing a give away on makeitandloveit.blogspot.com
You should check it out and see if it is in your area! I think you can enter like 5 or 6 times.
Glad you had a good time. I like your new camera, you had some great pix.
I can't tell you how awkward it would be if I was visiting Mel's aunt's or uncle's without Mel:
"So...you know my wife Melanie? Oh yeah, I just asked you that."
So, props to you for just doing that.
I love that you spontaneously decided to go on vacation. It looks like you and Will had a lot of fun. I hope I can do something like that sometime.
Post a Comment